Thread: How to clone game dvd's with daemon tools

How to clone game dvd's with daemon tools

Let me make one thing clear that I am very much new to Daemon Tools. I have installed this software few days ago after one of my friend recommended it to me. I found this software really helpful after installing it into my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 machine. I tried my best and however managed to use the best way possible. But now it seems like I am stuck at a point. I am really not sure where exactly I am committing mistake but it seems like I am not following the procedure properly in order to get the game run properly.

In detail, I am trying to play GTA San Andreas v1.0 into my computer system. I have it on DVD. And I have a LG GH22NP20 optical drive. What I did was, first managed to make an ISO of it and then tried to mount and run the game entirely but as said the game fails to run properly. it ends up giving some error saying that the disc is unauthenticated and ask me to insert the original disc. So is there anyone who can let me know about this error; anyone familiar about this message? I would better go for cloning the game DVD again but this time I won’t do it without any help. so better let me know how exactly I can clone a Game DVD?

Re: How to clone game dvd's with daemon tools

By looking at the error that you have stated I don’t think there might be anything wrong with the steps you performed. You must have definitely done the things properly but anyways I would still help you out with the steps for cloning a Game. You can at least verify the procedure:

• First of all you need to insert the desired disc of which you are supposed to create the image to a physical device.
    • Now go to Daemon Tools Advanced Edition windows and over there select “Make Disc Image”, now you might get a Dialog box called “Disc Image”
    • Within the dialog box you need to now select a proper physical device, then after that select the reading speed (you can select as according to your wish) and lastly after selecting both the options properly click on the Browse button, you will be getting a Save As dialog. Just select a proper location to save the image and also select the proper format for the image. It is better recommended to stay with .mdx format.
    • After making the changes, click on Save and come back to “Disc Image” Dialog. Now other than the first tab you can also make any desired changes to the Device Tab and Properties Tab. I mean, you can set anything as according to your wish that is available within the Dialog box like setting the password and protecting the image. Other than this you can also choose a proper folder for the image from the option called as “Image Catalog Folder”.
    • Once you are done with setting all the things simply click on the Start button and that’s it. Now you need to just wait for the process to complete. Do not click anything or press the cancel button while the progress bar is increasing and reaching to the completion. After the process is completely you will get a confirm message saying “Disc imaging completed”. This message ensures you that you have completed the task successfully.

Steps are fine but as already said in the above post even I think that there is something else that is causing you this problem. Maybe GTA San Andreas is the core reason for everything. As far as I know if I am not mistaken this game is protected by SecuROM 7. I am not sure but I think during the time you clone this game DVD better you try to select the MDS or MDX output format and also along with that go for selecting the New SecuROM profile. Another thing I would suggest you is that during the time of cloning process you can simply try out different DPM read speeds.

I don’t think you will manage to get any success with trying different DPM speed. I would like to tell something about the optical drive you are using LG GH22NP20. I am one of the victims of LG GH22NP20 optical drive. I wasn’t knowing anything about its performance but when I read about it’s review what came to my knowledge was that LG drives comes up with Panasonic chipset and such Panasonic chipset enabled drives never do well with the Data Positioning Measurement settings.

Actually the main problem is that most of the people fail to know or identify that the LG GH22NP20 do comes up with a Panasonic MN103SD8GRA chipset. It is because at most of the sites you won’t find anything about the chipset mentioned with the LG drive. I have been told that the original website of the drive actually does not display or mentioned anything about the chipset and its feature being used in the drive. For knowing about such hidden information or about the chipsets it is best to visit sites that place the reviews and articles of the latest drives in their site.

Even I was at the same position once upon a time, but after researching a lot I ended up getting a proper solution. When searched on internet I found a file called MDS file. Such files do have a better DPM data. During the process the only thing I was suppose to make sure was not to create the MDX image instead I was suppose to create MDS/MDF image.