Thread: Getting drive error: 1 with Daemon Tools Pro

Getting drive error: 1 with Daemon Tools Pro

I am using this software from past 6 months and trust me never had any kind of issues before. From the time I installed Daemon tools Pro I never had any problem, it use to run smoothly in my windows Vista system. Don’t know for what reason from past one week I am getting that above mentioned error. What happens is whenever I open Daemon tools and after it has opened when I try to set the number of drives I end up getting an error message saying that Daemon Tools Pro driver error: -1. If I am not mistaken then I am sure that the core reason for this unusual behavior is due to disabling the drivers.

The reason I am being so confident is because this problem arise only after I disabled all drives and closed the app. After a while when restarted the Tool, I found this error. Most of the time I usually set the number of drives as 1 and even this time I did the same, I set it to 1 but got an error. Believing that changing the number of drives to more than 1 may help I simply set it with other numbers but still I am getting the exact same error message. I thought the app is hanged and therefore ending up with the same error message independent of what so ever I try but I was again wrong with this assumption too. After re-installing the Daemon Tools with the latest version it got me into the same problem. Now I have no presumption or ideas left with me, I am completely clueless about the error and the trouble. Its only you people who can help me out. for your information, I am now having DAEMON Tools Lite V. 4.30.2.

Re: Getting drive error: 1 with Daemon Tools Pro

Not speaking much about the issue I would love to directly come to the point and let you know the best and the easiest way of getting rid of the error message. Follow the steps:

• First you need to start your machine from the scratch, and if it’s already turned on the better you reboot it for getting into the BIOS option.
    • For the BIOS option during the time of start up, press F8. By doing this you will enter the BIOS option with a Safe mode.
    • After you enter the BIOS, disable the driver signature enforcement. You might find this option when you scroll down the screen. After disabling press enter

I am sure with the above steps but if you are a windows vista user then my post might definitely help you for getting rid of the trouble. No matter how many operating system you run into your machine, my steps do run within Vista. Anyways better try it out if you are a Vista user and facing this trouble and let me know the result.

• The first steps is to click on Start button and then type Cmd within the search option. This will help you to get an easy access to the Command Prompt
    • Anyways once if you see the command prompt option make sure that you do not open it, instead you need to click and hold down the mouse onto it. Now drag the icon towards the desktop and then release it anywhere on the desktop. After releasing you will now get a shortcut icon to Command Prompt.
    • Now right click on this shortcut icon and then select Run as Administrator. In the Command prompt window you need to now type the following command: "bcdedit -set loadoptions \\”DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS”, now press enter. Now restart your system all over again and then install all the drivers successfully.

Important note:- for Disable, you might find 2 Ds

I would really expect that this might help you out with eliminating the error message as it did for me. Now I am well able to install ATITool and PowerStrip.

Seems like everybody here cares a lot about Windows Vista system having this problem and not about other systems. I am also at the same stage facing the same problem with a similar error message whenever I try to open Daemon Tools Pro or set the number of driver within it. None of the above solution have until now worked for me. Anyways the only different I can see between you and me is the OS. I am running windows XP with SP3 into my machine. Might be due to this reason these solution completely failed to work in my case. in one of the above solution when I tried to follow steps as described I wasn’t able to find any “disable driver signature enforcement” option in the Boot options. As suggested I entered the Boot option by pressing F8 but after entering there I didn’t find the expected option rather I found all others.

Why I have become so exception with this case? Why I am not able to get the option that is actually very much necessary for me to get rid of the issue. I am sure this might be due to the difference in the operating system. Only because I am running a Windows XP into my machine I am not provided with the desired option. If this is really the case then what exactly should I do? How do I get this option available into my machine?

I am running windows XP with SP3 into my machine. Might be due to this reason these solution completely failed to work in my case. in one of the above solution when I tried to follow steps as described I wasn’t able to find any “disable driver signature enforcement” option in the Boot options. As suggested I entered the Boot option by pressing F8 but after entering there I didn’t find the expected option rather I found all others.
    Yeah, you have guessed it right. Windows XP is the only reason for you not getting the disable driver signature enforcement option. Look I am not sure with the reason of a normal user not being able to find the option also I do not have any idea of how you can get back the option that are needed. But yes instead I can surely help you with some other alternate trick in order to get rid of the error message. There is nothing much be done, you need to just open up your C:\ and then open boot.ini, over there at the end you need to just add “/EXECUTE” at the end of the windows. Remember that you do not see any “/NOEXECUTE” parameter within the file. If you find any such “/NOEXECUTE” paramete, make sure that you remove and replace it with “EXECUTE” After you make the changes simply reboot the system.

For example, you can refer the following thing: multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Micro soft Windows XP Professional" /FASTDETECT /EXECUTE /USEPMTIMER