Thread: Daemon tools installation hangs at "updating virtual drives" in windows 7

Daemon tools installation hangs at "updating virtual drives" in windows 7

I am trying to install deamon tools on windows 7 but I don’t know why it is getting hanged when updating drives. I have tried installing Daemon tools several times but it is getting hanged at when updating drives. Is there anything else that I can try out further for installing deamon tools??? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Daemon tools installation hangs at "updating virtual drives" in windows 7

I think that the installation process is getting conflicted by some other program and so. To avoid such issue make sure that you are closing all the programs that might be running in the background and disable if you are having any antivirus installed for that moment and see if the installation process is running fine. Just check out these things and let me know if these possible solutions are making any difference in your case or not.

In that case I will like to inform you that I have tried out closing all the process that used to run in the background and have disabled the antivirus as well. Unfortunately I am not having any luck with these things. It is still getting hanged while updating drives. I wanted to add that the system appears to run fine when this happen, I mean if I am having other program running in the background then they are not getting affected by the same. My system is not getting hanged it is just the installation process that gets hanged. Other than this I have checked about this issue in other forums as well and have tried out solutions like disabling all the non-Microsoft services, un-installing GEAR drivers and so and even they did not help. Is there anything else that I can try out further??

I had come across one having similar issue but later he was able to solve it out by performing the below steps.
    • First delete the gear driver and disabled all services along with the startup programs that you might be having, make sure that you are rebooting the system after disabling services and programs.
    • When you are done with the same then uninstall deamon tools and make a reboot again.
    • Now try installing deamon tools again and see if it getting installed properly.

If it works then there are possibilities that you might have not disabled all services along with the startup programs before. I have found people mentioning such issue is mostly because of conflict between programs. Anyways just try it out and post back the result. If you have further issue with the same then feel free to ask, I will surely try to help you with it as well.

I agree to you on that, some days ago when I was trying to install DAEMON Tools 4.10 on my system running on windows 7 the "SPTDinst-x86.exe" was getting hanged every time. Like you have mentioned the system was not getting hanged and the other running programs were not affected as well but in my case I was not able to kill the installation process from task manager neither I was able to shutdown the system. The only thing that was helping out there was rebooting the system, later while looking after a solution for the same I found it to be a conflict issues. So after disabling antivirus program I found the installation process to get completed successfully. Since you have already disabled the antivirus I think there are some non-Microsoft services or startup program that is interfering with the installation process. So just try what has been suggested and I am quite sure you won’t have any further issues with the installation process. Best of luck.