Thread: Launching Logitech Gaming Software 7.0 gives Runtime Error

Launching Logitech Gaming Software 7.0 gives Runtime Error

Hello friends I am using gaming computer in which I have MSI motherboard, Intel Core i7 processor, 4X2 GB RAM, 1TB hard drive and cooler master power supplier. I have windows 7 operating system in my computer and I am facing problem with the Logitech Gaming Software 7.0 which I am using for Logitech G400 gaming mouse. Whenever I try to open Logitech Gaming Software in my computer at that time I get “Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error”. I don’t know what is causing this problem.

I have disabled all the services except Microsoft services from the system configuration utility and then I have restarted my system and then when I tried to launch Logitech Gaming Software at that time I get same problem. I have also right clicked on the Logitech Gaming Software and then tried to start it as administrator but after doing that also I get same error. If anyone have solution regarding this problem then let me know. Thank you in advance.

Re: Launching Logitech Gaming Software 7.0 gives Runtime Error

I have read your problem and I would like tell you that first try to resolve this problem with the help of basic solution. First of all restart your computer and then enter in to the safe mode. Once you start your computer in the safe mode after that you have to go to the control panel and then click on the program and select Logitech Gaming Software from there. Now open my computer and go to the C drive. After going to the C drive open user folder and then you have to check whether any of the Logitech folder is left or not? If you see any folder left related to Logitech gaming software then delete that folder.

Now start your computer in normal mode again and download registry cleaner software. After downloading the registry cleaner software you have to clean your system. Now after that you have to install Logitech Gaming Software again and then check whether same problem occur or not? I think after trying this steps you will not get Runtime Error while launching the Logitech gaming software.

In my computer I was also getting Runtime error with the Logitech Gaming Software and then I have uninstalled Logitech Gaming Software with the help of “your uninstaller” and then I have also removed all the registry files related to it. Now after doing that I have installed Logitech Gaming Software and then when

I tried to launch the Gaming Software at that time I get runtime error again. Now after that I have tried to find out the solution on internet and after spending some hours I come to know that this problem is occurring because of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and after that I have downloaded Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package from the Microsoft official site and then reinstalled it in my computer and after that when I tried to launch the Logitech Gaming Software at that time I didn’t get any problem. In your computer you should also reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package in your system.

If you are using old version then it is better that you should download the latest version and then install it. If you get same error with the Logitech software after trying this solution then let me know.

After looking at the above solutions I have started my computer in safe mode and then I have removed Logitech Gaming Software and then I have also deleted all other folders related to this software now after that I have installed this software again but that does not helped me to resolve this problem. I have also started latest version of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package from Microsoft site and then when I tried to launch software but it does not make any difference. Is there any other way to resolve this problem then let me know thank you in advance.

You should set Change User Account Control settings to “never notify” and then try to launch Logitech Gaming Software again and then see whether it makes any difference or not? If you don’t know about how to set User Account Control settings to “never notify” then I will help you with this. You should go to the “Action center” from the control panel, you will see the computer status option under security option click on that and then click on the Change User Account Control settings. After that you have to set the Change User Account Control settings to never notify by moving the slider to downwards and then click on OK. After doing this when you try to start Logitech Gaming Software at that time you will not get any problems.

According to me you should open registry editor in your computer and then select “HKEY_CURRENT_USER” from the left pane and expand “Software” folder. Now after that you have to go to the “Logitech” and then remove all the information from there. Now after doing that you have to do same steps after going in to the ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE”. After doing that you have to restart your computer and then reinstall Logitech Gaming Software in your computer and see whether your problem get solved or not? I hope this trick will resolve your problem.

In my computer I am also using Logitech Gaming Software and it has suddenly started giving me problem, whenever I try to launch Logitech Gaming Software at that time I get error. Reinstalling the software does not help me to solve this problem. I have also tried to get rid of this problem by changing the User Account Control setting but that does not helped me to solve this problem. i have also tried all the possible solution to fix this problem but result was same. What should I do to fix this? Any help will be appreciated.

This problem takes place if configuration file of the Logitech Gaming Software gets damaged. You have to delete the Logitech Gaming Software configuration file and after that when you launch Logitech Gaming Software next time at that time it will create new configuration file and software will start successfully. To delete the Logitech Gaming Software configuration file you have to open your user account folder from the C drive and then you have to open Logitech folder from the AppData\Local and in Logitech folder you have to open gaming software directory and look for the setting or configuration file and the delete it. Now go to all programs and then try to start Logitech Gaming Software again. As far as I know after performing these steps you will not face any error.

I have successfully fixed this problem by downloading and installing the gaming software 8.20 from the Logitech official site. First I have thought problem is related to C++ Redistributable Package and that is why I have tried to reinstalling it but that does not solve my problem and then I have also tried other possible tricks to get rid of this problem but after that also problem does not get solved.

Now after that I have come to know that there is new version of Logitech Gaming Software is available and then I have downloaded it and installed in my computer and then all the things started working like a charm. You should also install latest version of Logitech Gaming Software and then see what the result is.