Thread: How to use Migration Assistance in Mac OS X to transfer only some files like Music

How to use Migration Assistance in Mac OS X to transfer only some files like Music

Hello friends, I would like to know that it is possible to transfer with the help of migration assistant; I wanted to try it for some of my personal documents and important data. So please help me out with this, whereas I would like to transfer my entire music files but not the word document let me make clear about it. I am not able to finding any option which is being used to customize what I like to transfer, such that it should be something like transfer all or nothing. I would like to know that how I can make use of this thing. Your suggestion and thoughts will be really helpful for me. Thank you.

Re: How to use Migration Assistance in Mac OS X to transfer only some files like Music

OS X Migration Assistant can help you move data to a new disk, so that this process does not take long and you do not have to do everything manually. Experiment with the completed information SSD in the MacBook Pro has shown that using a utility OS X data transfer has taken a couple of hours. Without it, would be needed daily. Use Migration Assistant, if you decide to replace the hard drive, took a new computer or want to transfer all data from one machine to another. Experienced know that this tool will take all the necessary information quickly and easily, while those who switched from Microsoft Windows understand how this tool is more convenient to the equivalent of Windows - Windows Easy Transfer. If you need to transfer information from one computer to another, connect them using a Firewire or network. Migration Assistant to access the drive that contains the desired content. In short, the two machines must be able to communicate.

Re: How to use Migration Assistance in Mac OS X to transfer only some files like Music

Migration Assistant is located in Applications Utilities. If you wanted to use it properly then you need to select the destination path data, after that click on Continue and enter your administrator password, once you have entered it then click OK. Now choose between a Mac or PC and the Time Machine backup or other disk. Migration Assistant finds the source of the data, and then click on Continue. From the list, select the data, those who have migrated, such that Users which is user folder, Applications = All applications, Settings = setup different user accounts, other files and folders = everything that has been found in other folders. When you are done with this entire thing then click Continue after you have selected the necessary data to transfer. Once the Migration Assistant finished, it will give you to know about it. Shut it down and make sure everything is properly deferred. Restart your machine in order to test the installed software. Our experiment showed that for some programs, not all settings are preserved, so they had to re-set manually.