Thread: Can I restore Firefox on Mac OS X Lion via Time Machine Backup

Can I restore Firefox on Mac OS X Lion via Time Machine Backup

Hi friends I am using MAC OS X lion in my computer and I am using Mozilla Firefox browser in my computer. all the things were working very well but few days back Mozilla Firefox started crashing unexpectedly and that I have why I have removed Mozilla Firefox from my system. After removing the Mozilla Fireofox from my system I have opened Time Machine and then I have restored Mozilla Firefox in my computer. but I done know what went wrong after restoring the Mozilla Firefox in my computer when I opened it at that time I didn’t get my bookmarks. I have deleted Mozilla Firefox from my computer again and restored it one more time but I didn’t get any help. I want to know that is it possible to restore Mozilla Firefox from the Time Machine Backup?

Re: Can I restore Firefox on Mac OS X Lion via Time Machine Backup

I am aware of this problem when you restore Mozilla Firefox application in your system and if other folder Mozilla Firefox such as favorites and preferences is stored on other location then you have to restore those folders also. In my case same problem was occurred I have restored Mozilla Firefox from application folder and bookmarks were not there and then I have tried to find solution on internet and I have come to know that I need to restore Firefox directory from the application support folder, now after that I have tried this solution and then my problem get solved. You should also open library and go to the application support. Now restore the Firefox folder with the help of the Time machine and then you have to check whether your problem gets solved or not? If you still face same problem after trying this solution then let me know.

If above solution does not help you to solve this problem then you should go to the home folder and then open Library folder. Now you have to go to the Time machine and the restore Mozilla Folder by going in to the Application Support and also go to the Preferences from library and restore org.mozilla.firefox.plist. After restoring this thing you have to start Mozilla Firefox and then check whether all the things are working normally or not? As far as I know after restoring the Mozilla and org.mozilla.firefox.plist you will be able to solve this problem.

I totally agree with the above solution, after restoring the Mozilla Firefox from the Time machine I was having similar problem with it and then I have first restored Firefox folder from the time machine but after that when I open Mozilla Firefox at that time get same problem. now after that I have restored Mozilla folder and org.mozilla.firefox.plist file also and then when I start Mozilla Firefox at that time I was not having the problem. you can also try this trick in order to solve this problem.

After looking at above solution I have restored org.mozilla.firefox.plist, Mozilla folder and Firefox folder and then I when I start Mozilla Firefox in my computer at that time I get same problem. I don’t know what is wrong with it. is there any other way to restore Mozilla Firefox properly? Any help will be appreciated.

In your problem you have mentioned that after removing the Mozilla Firefox you have restored it. if you are restoring to same location then at that time it will give you option for replace and keep both files and you have to select replace. If you have not restored it to same location then you should remove Mozilla Firefox. Now after removing that you have to open Time machine in your computer and then restore Mozilla Firefox from there. When you click on restore option at that time it will ask you for replace and keep both the files. Now you have to select replace. After doing that you have to open Mozilla Firefox and see whether your bookmarks are there or not? I would also like to tell you that always keep the backup of your bookmarks for safer side. To take the backup of book marks from Mozilla Firefox you have to open Mozilla Firefox and then click on the book marks menu and then select show all book marks option. now you need to select import and backup option and choose backup. Now save the bookmark file on your desired location.