Thread: More features needed in Intel Desktop Utilities

More features needed in Intel Desktop Utilities

We all know about the Intel Desktop Utilities application and it is not different to anyone because all Intel motherboards do include this. There have been frequent changes and improvement in these apps and lots of issues got fixed so far. But still some problems could not be addressed. Now I think that Intel is planning to retire this application. My question is what would be the next? I know that many people want different kind of features on Intel Desktop Utilities. Many are eager to express their thoughts and whatever thing going on in their mind. I would like to hear for you guys.

Re: More features needed in Intel Desktop Utilities

I am looking for an easy way to turn on/off the background monitoring feature. There should not be a conflict for resources when running another monitoring program. This is useful for overclockers when they are into overclocking. It would be better if they replace monitoring programs and combine new programs with desktop utilities. Core temps, system voltages, multiplier, base clock speed, core speed all in synchronized record to a .txt file. I would love to use Intel utilities program with Intel motherboards so there is no need to hunt for third party program and install them since lots of them usually don’t provide perfect result and may contain bugs thus resulting in wrong indication. The current GUI is good but it could have been better. There should be special configuration like gaming mode or extreme mode.

Intel Desktop Utilities is a key control system for users who do not have the support of a corporate IT function. Intel Desktop Utilities provides users the means to control the system temperature, power supply voltages, fan speeds and hard drive health; view detailed information on the system and test the system hardware to detect the most common mistakes. Intel Desktop Utilities displays and logs alerts if system parameters deviate from the optimal settings for the user to take preventive measures.

Actually I am very very disappointed with this tool. This tool does not have a feature of individual CPU cores temperature monitoring and no instant logging. Other than these two you cannot control the fans directly and it is still a 32-bit app in half-64bit world. Lack of resources are completely visible here. There is no good feature of overclocking and all. Also no direct BIOS update, GPU management, clock-domains monitoring with full history and several other features like we have seen in some other motherboard manufacturer. What I am looking for is, intel should invent in a new and modern software development in order to develop some creative features which none of ever seen before and ever implemented before.