Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 Memory Dump Error on DELL VOSTRO 1014

question Windows 7 Memory Dump Error on DELL VOSTRO 1014

I have DELL Vostro 1014. 2 Years Old. Windows 7 Boots but showing Dumping Memory Error.
    Unable to System Restore from F8 Windows Advanced Options.
    Command Prompt also hangs the system.
    Unable to boot now.
    Some software is causing this Memory Dump. Help Please..
    I have attached pics also.

System Recovery Option,
    System REcovery Option.jpg
    Sytem Restore Fail,
    Sysytem Restore Fail.jpg
    Memory Test,
    Memory Test.jpg
    Crash Dump
    Crash Dump.jpg

Re: Windows 7 Memory Dump Error on DELL VOSTRO 1014

Have you tried using the Last Known Good Configuration, if not then please do the following:

1. First of all try to remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.
    2. After that if your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you will need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer. If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start, and then press F8.
    3. After that check on the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
    4. If your computer has more than one operating system installed, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system that you want to start by using Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER. Windows will then resume starting normally.

Source: Microsoft

ohmy Re: Windows 7 Memory Dump Error on DELL VOSTRO 1014

Quote Originally Posted by einstein_007 View Post
    Have you tried using the Last Known Good Configuration, if not then please do the following:[*]After that check on the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.[*]If your computer has more than one operating system installed, use the
    Source: Microsoft
    Thanks..
    It worked wonderfully.
    On XP it is the worst experience, but here it worked with win 7.
    But I have wi istaller 5.0 mising. I do not have the CD/DVD of win7.
    How to deal with this.

I want it to be future proof.
    what preperations should I make? Backups etc.

C is 28 GB approx. with files and programs. I have the key of OS win7. OEM DELL 2 partition. Cis 90 GB & D is 200 GB approx. 320 GB HDD.

Well, you need to have a windows disk so that if you face any kind of problem, related to system restore or either windows installer missing, you can get it resolved by just putting the cd/dvd inside the dvd writer and then taking the options to repair the operating system completely. If your operating system keys are working then you need to probably download operating system from microsoft and at the time of registrations put the serial key which is un-used.

Quote Originally Posted by ad satinder View Post
    But I have wi istaller 5.0 mising. I do not have the CD/DVD of win7.
    How to deal with this.
    You can reinstall windows installer by command sfc /scannow (use elevated cmd ( run as Administrator ) sorry to say this, you need to have Win 7 media to repair the corrupted while when you use this command.

You can use Windows Backup feature and create backup as and when necessary which can help you restore the data if you encounter issues in future.

Memory dumps are caused not only because of h/w fault but also due to rootkits ( some times) which might have sneaked inside the OS without AV detecting them.

I would suggest you to scan your machine for any rootkits to rule out any such possibilities...

You can use kaspersky's TDSSKiller.exe

"support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208280684"

smile Re: Windows 7 Memory Dump Error on DELL VOSTRO 1014

Thanks EINSTEIN_007 & Santosh Bhandarkar. I will try these......

ohmy Re: Windows 7 Memory Dump Error on DELL VOSTRO 1014

I have DELL Vostro 1014. 2 Years Old. Windows 7 Boots but showing Dumping Memory Error.
    This problem is due to a software.
    Kaspersky Anti Virus is such an irritating thing that is preventing other Anti Virus to get installed.

When I try to uninstall it gives Memory Dump error or BSOD- Blue Screen Error.
    Kaspersky Uninstaller Program, cleans system with SYSTEM FILES. when I restart system it give BSOD Error.
    I want to remove it Manually. I have taken all files of Kaspersky Anti Virus out of PROGRAM Folder.
    But in Program List it show as an installed Program.
    From where should I remove all the associated files etc.

This problem is due to a software.
    Kaspersky Anti Virus is such an irritating thing that is preventing other Anti Virus to get installed.

When I try to uninstall it gives Memory Dump error or BSOD- Blue Screen Error.
    Kaspersky Uninstaller Program, cleans system with SYSTEM FILES. when I restart system it give BSOD Error.
    I want to remove it Manually. I have taken all files of Kaspersky Anti Virus out of PROGRAM Folder.
    But in Program List it show as an installed Program.
    From where should I remove all the associated files etc.
    What is the blue screen error that you are getting? Can you download a tool called Revo Uninstaller which acts as an uninstalling tool for programs installed on your system. If that doesnt work then try to do a system restore and revert back to a time when everything was working fine and then uninstall the antivirus.

Exclamation Re: Windows 7 Memory Dump Error on DELL VOSTRO 1014

This is same thing as above. I now realized that this is the same problem done earlier also. See above 1st post 4 pics. Any uninstaller is useless for this. I have tried many. But useless.

Download the Kaspersky antivirus removal tool from here and then try to uninstall the same antivirus with it. After, when it is removed you should restart the pc and check in add or remove program to find whether it is completely removed or not. If that doesnt work then follow the instructions given by "EINSTEIN_007" and "Santosh Bhandarkar" properly to further diagnose the issue.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

angry Re: Windows 7 Memory Dump Error on DELL VOSTRO 1014

Kaspersky antivirus removal tool is also useless. Doing same thing.........

Can you try the steps provided in the following Dell article and check if it helps:

http://support.dell.com/support/topi...cy=true#Issue1

hamriver Guest

Kaspersky antivirus removal tool is also useless. Doing same thing.........
    ?...But this removal tool works well on my pc.

Quote Originally Posted by hamriver View Post
    ?...But this removal tool works well on my pc.
    Could you please tell us what kind of issue you are facing in details so that we can help you out. If you are trying to remove the Kaspersky antivirus then simply go to the add and remove programs options in the control panel and simply select the antivirus and then uninstall it pretty easily. Hope that helps you out.

cool Re: Windows 7 Memory Dump Error on DELL VOSTRO 1014

I have to Format the Window as it is too difficult to remove Kaspersky.
    It takes away some drivers and Laptop does not start.
    After few Attempts, Blue Screen of Death Error starts coming.
    Everything is OK.
    No tool is useful.
    Something fishy is doing marketing tactics to use that Kaspersky Ant Virus Software only.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast