Thread: Where can i download new version of R-Studio

Where can i download new version of R-Studio

I just needed a software which would compile and run on a wide variety of UNIX platforms, and was looking for environment for statistical computing and graphics. I then came across R which does the same which I require. So when I was introduced to R, it is comprised of graphical techniques, and is extremely extensible. R offers an Open Source route to contribution in that activity. R can be considered as a diverse execution of S. There are some significant distinctions, but much code written for S runs unaffected under R. The S language is often the vehicle of option for investigate in statistical technique, and when I came to know about RStudio which is and open source integrated development environment (IDE) for R, I just wanted to know more and investigate further. So RStudio is available for mac as well as windows and linux. But however , I was not able to download the same. Can you provide some means in which I am able to download the same and add some more information regarding this topic. I need a quick response from you guys.

Re: Where can i download new version of R-Studio

Yes, you are right as I have made use of R and it is an incredibly powerful open source program for statistics as well as graphics. The main advantage it provides is that it can run on pretty much any system whether it be Unix, Mac or windows and has a extremely active and friendly support community online. Graphics created by R are awfully extensible and are used in high level publications. And to talk about RStudio, it’s essentially a nice front-end for R, which offers you a console, a scripting window. It is also comprised of a graphics window furthermore an R workspace, amongst other alternatives. You can also consider a graphical user interface (GUI) for R which is R Commander. It offers a sequence of menus that permits you to run plenty of statistics tests as well as generate graphics and for this, you don’t require to type a line of code. Additional advanced characteristics of R aren’t easy to get to through R Commander, but you are able to make use of it for the majority of your statistics. There are many people who make use of R Commander as a support for a hardly any week of time previous to they get the hang of the R language. though, as is the case with plenty of free and open source software, it can be a little complicated to install all of these unlike programs and get them to effort well mutually.

I need to give some basic introduction to R and some points to install the same. So R is an incorporated suite of software services for data manipulation, computation along with graphical display. It comprises
    • an efficient data handling and storage capability,
    • a set of operators for computation on arrays, in certain matrices,
    • a huge, logical, integrated compilation of midway tools for data analysis,
    • graphical conveniences for data analysis with exhibiting either on-screen or on hardcopy, as well as
    a well-developed, easy and effectual programming language which comprise conditionals, loops, user-defined recursive purpose as well as input and output amenities.
    I will provide some steps to install R, RStudio, and R Commander in Windows.
    1. So first of all , you need to download R
    2. And then install R. Leave all default settings in the installation options.
    3. You need to download RStudio and install it. Leave all default settings in the installation options.
    4. And then after RStudio. Move to the “Packages” tab and then move to “Install Packages”. You will be then prompted to select a CRAN mirror. R will download all essential files from the server you choose. Select the location nearby to you . you need to then type “Rcmdr” until you see it come into view in a list. Choose the first option make sure that “Install dependencies” is checked, as well as click “Install”.
    All the parts of the R Commander package will be in installation process. There is a probability that you might occur with permission errors while installing packages, and you need to close R Studio and reopen it with administrator rights.
    Installation of R, RStudio, and R Commander in Mac OS X is as follows.
    1. Install R is simple as you need to download and install as you do normally.
    2. Download RStudio and you need to drag and drop the application icon to your Applications folder install RStudio.
    3. You also need to download Tcl/Tk and then click on tcltk-8.x.x-x11.dmg, this is because mac OS X requires this to run R Commander.
    4. And then make an installation of Tcl/Tk.
    5. You will be then with an Utilities folder after you have moved in the application folder. Make sure that you have a program which is named as “X11” present. You need to download and install the most recent version of XQuartz if you don’t find so and then open RStudio. You need to go to the “Packages” tab along with then click “Install Packages”. You will be also prompted with to selecting a CRAN mirror. R will download all essential files from the server you choose here. select the location nearby . you need to repeat the same process as you did in windows. you need to then type “Rcmdr” until you see it come into view in a list. Choose the first option make sure that “Install dependencies” is checked, as well as click “Install”.
    If you are interested in opening R Commander in Windows along with OS X follow the simple instructions.
    Running R Commander from this point on is easy.
    If you decide to end using R Commander and make constant use of R, all you ever require to do is open RStudio.
    1. Open R Studio and in the console, you need to type windows() if you are making use of Windows, and for Mac OS X quartz() . according to this step, R Commander will be prompted to output all graphs to a new window. R Commander graphs will be output to the graphics window in RStudio if you have skipped this step.
    2. Move in the “Packages” option, and after scrolling down to “Rcmdr,” make sure the box to load the plugin.

RStudio is a most up-to-date open-source IDE for R which has some attractive features for both new and skilled R developers together with code completion, execute from source. It is also comprised of additional features such as searchable history, as well as support for authoring Sweave documents. It has been previously discussed in the previous post that Rstudio runs on all chief desktop platforms which include Windows, Mac OS X, Ubuntu, or Fedora and is capable of running as a server which allows numerous users to access the IDE by making use of web browser. The version of Rstudio accessible nowadays is a beta (v0.92) and is released under the GNU AGPL license. RStudio currently works with editions of R installed from source which is either by means of make install or else packaged by MacPorts. improved support for Unicode along with non-ASCII character encodings. It is also encompassed with some features such as enhanced working directory management counting new alternatives for default behavior, holds up for shell “open with” context menus, with possible file associations for ordinary R file types. a lot of additional small improvements along with bug fixes are also performed by Rstudio.

There are some new versions of Rstudio for download where they have fixed some important bugs for their most of the versions. For example R-Studio for Mac 2.6.1410 when we start an Text/hexadecimal editor , it might occur that several programs may tend to crash and so this one can fix the issue. I have seen many people with the same issue and it appears that they are taking utmost care of this thing. There are some more errors which come across as element sizes are not re-setting when a localization language was altered along with long paths for recovered files were wrongly displayed in the wait dialog box and it appears that this R-Studio 5.4 build 134372 helps in to fix this bugs. This build also fixes some more bugs as when a single address without a mask was specified on the Connect dialog box, and there were chances that the Wait button was grayed out. This is all fixed with the above one. I also have more builds which fixed typo in the support email and was solved by R-Studio for Mac 2.6.1414. and R-Studio 5.4.134580 helps in improved processing of hard links in ExtFS which creates recognition of the file and folder arrangement more precisely.