Thread: Windows Error Recovery using Windows Vista, Help?

Windows Error Recovery using Windows Vista, Help?

Can anyone help?

I get a windows error recovery screen and nothing else. When I turn on my computer, I get two options: Option 1: Launch Startup Repair (recommended) and Option 2: Start windows normally. Both take me back to the same screen. It goes black and then loops over and over again. I have tried starting in Safe Mode (with networking and with command prompt), I have tried under "Last Known Good Configuration" under advanced options. Nothing will get me to the start menu or desktop where i can do a system restore!

At this point I don't even care about lost files.... I just want the computer back up and running. I have the Windows Vista re-installation disc, plus the Dell drivers and utilities re-installation disc.

Can someone please walk me through how to restore everything back so i just have a working computer again? It's a Dell Inspirion 1545 (if that helps).

Thanks to any genius out there who can help me!

Re: Windows Error Recovery using Windows Vista, Help?

Quote Originally Posted by mcgrewvy View Post
    Can anyone help?

I get a windows error recovery screen and nothing else. When I turn on my computer, I get two options: Option 1: Launch Startup Repair (recommended) and Option 2: Start windows normally. Both take me back to the same screen. It goes black and then loops over and over again. I have tried starting in Safe Mode (with networking and with command prompt), I have tried under "Last Known Good Configuration" under advanced options. Nothing will get me to the start menu or desktop where i can do a system restore!

At this point I don't even care about lost files.... I just want the computer back up and running. I have the Windows Vista re-installation disc, plus the Dell drivers and utilities re-installation disc.

Can someone please walk me through how to restore everything back so i just have a working computer again? It's a Dell Inspirion 1545 (if that helps).

Thanks to any genius out there who can help me!
    Your issues seems to be weird, anyways what happens when you are inserting the Windows Vista disc and try to reinstall windows??

i haven't tried installing the disc yet b/c i don't know computers at all. I want to make sure i am doing it correctly. Should I put the CD in after i restart my computer? Put it in and then restart? What do you suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by mcgrewvy View Post
    i haven't tried installing the disc yet b/c i don't know computers at all. I want to make sure i am doing it correctly. Should I put the CD in after i restart my computer? Put it in and then restart? What do you suggest?
    Yes you should put the cd in and then restart the computer, you dont have to worry about the boot order as you are using a cd and the cd drive has the priority, so just insert the cd reboot the system and then follow the instruction for installing windows, if you have any further queries then feel free to ask.