Thread: Add slow motion effect to clip in windows live movie maker

Add slow motion effect to clip in windows live movie maker

I have several doubts about the Windows 7 movie maker. I have been trying to get to know about some extraordinary features available in Windows movie maker. Right now I am creating small length video which contains several kinds of video clips. Everything is added properly but yet I could not able to make a video clip that goes into slow motion for a certain period of time. Also I want to double speed the video streaming as I did in previous windows movie maker. Is there anyone who has knowledge with Windows 7 movie maker?

Re: Add slow motion effect to clip in windows live movie maker

You must change the duration 'before' the photos are added to the timeline. After that you can try the following method.
    • Switch to 'Storyboard' view and choose every single one clips as a batch, you can add the "Speed Up, Doubleā€ or "Slow Down, Half" effect to change the duration.
    • Now choose all clips / right click the Effect and select Add to Storyboard.
    • "Speed Up, Double" cuts the duration to half.
    • "Slow Down, Half" doubles the duration.
    • You can only add these effects up to six times otherwise you need to assign the duration for each clip manually

I work with windows movie maker and find it a very useful program. To slow down your video, you must use the slow motion; it is this effect in Windows Live Movie Maker, but not under the name of slow motion. So save yourself the search for it and get the right effect from the beginning.
    • First, click on "Import" if you do not have video to disk, otherwise click "Open" and take the video you want.
    • Now you will see the video in the view, drag it down into the area of the storyboard. Now reads a section of the video.
    • To insert the slow motion, click in the video section of the storyboard on the right mouse button and select the video effect "Slow down, Half Speed" from.
    • Click on this and you will broadcast your video in slow motion and you need to save the changes just yet.

Then the movie half delayed. To the movie than another for half of the half to slow down, you can do the same again. The pieces cut out are rather complicated. You have to reinsert the movie and then to the right time to remove the wrong part. So you can have pieces cut out

Almost needless to say, but the first step that you take if you want to learn how to slow down a video with Movie Maker, you start Windows Live Movie Maker through its icon in the Start menu> All Programs in Windows. In the window that opens, click on Add video and pictures (placed in the top left corner) and select the video you want to slow down to import it into Movie Maker. At this point, unless you want to slow down the whole video, you must map out the scenes in which to apply the slow motion effect. To do this, start the movie in the player placed in the left pane of Movie Maker and put break begins when the scene you want to slow down. At this point, go into the Edit tab and click the Split button.

Repeat the same operation after bringing the player to the end point of the scene to slow down and you'll get a scene separate from the rest of the video, so you can apply the effect only in slow motion it without slowing down the rest of the video. If you want to slow down more than one scene, perform the same job with all the scenes of the video you want to slow down, separating them from the rest of the movie. Now, select with the mouse to preview the scene to slow down and went to the Edit tab of Movie Maker. It then sets the item x 0.125, or 0.25 x 0.5 x speed from the pulldown menu (depending on how you want to slow down a video with Movie Maker) and you got your scenes in slow motion. If the scenes are more of a slow, of course you have to repeat this process on all scenes. If you are satisfied with the result, save your video slowed back on the Home tab of Movie Maker and selecting your favorite movie from the Save menu.

To change your video, Movie Maker has all kinds of video effects. These effects are applied to the entire length of the clip. Even if the clip is cleaved after an impact has been added, the effect is maintained. If you combine two clips, both have the effect of the first clip and any effects of the second clip is deleted. If an effect is added to a clip, a blue star on the clip. It is possible to have multiple effects simultaneously adding a clip.

We have the opportunity embedded videos in the project, wholly or partly with a slow motion. Setting the video in the storyboard, click the downward pointing arrow next to the box "Speed", and choose a lower number in the list. If you choose a higher speed, then I display the video accelerated. Wish you are a part of the video in slow motion display; you have to split this video. As an example, I will split this video in three parts, the middle part of which I will show in slow motion. I place the first time indicator at the place where I want the video the first time split. Now the video is split in two again I place the time indicator at the place where I want to split the video again. Probably this is the second part, but this does not matter. As long as our video but is split into three parts. Select the middle part of the storyboard and change the speed in the box. When you choose the movie you will see a slow motion effect was added in the middle of the film.