Thread: Windows Store disappeared from start menu in windows 8

Windows Store disappeared from start menu in windows 8

I have dell Inspiron m5030 laptop and I installed windows 8 before a month. Windows 8 is working fine and smother than other windows. I experience it and love it. but my problem is that windows store is diapered from start menu. I don’t know how and why it is happen? I did a search for windows store on my computer, but it does not appear in any search. I try to search it manually in system drive but I don’t get any clue how to get back my windows store in my start menu. There is any way how to get back windows store. Please help me guys if you have any idea?

Thank you in advance

Re: Windows Store disappeared from start menu in windows 8

I am also using windows 8 in my desktop core i7 system. I get some errors like my scanner is not working with windows 8, Flash is not supported, many others problems but did not get problem with windows store till now. Did you install anything like any application, windows updates, any tool? If you install anything then please remove it and check result. Did you make any changes or modification with windows?, Because sometimes that kind of modification creates problem. I think you can try to use system restore which is automatically generated by system. Restore your system back to the time before problem is started. I hope system restore is best solution for you if you make any changes with system.

first thank for your reply, I did not made any changes or modification in the windows. I have downloaded some program but in general none of them modified start menu or window. I am used system restore. I try to rollback my system in older dates but restore point cannot fix the problem. I tried it with many times with different restore point but problem is still there. Have any other idea?

Are you using any cleaning utility or any other antivirus software, if you are using any antivirus then please contact the customer care of the software developer because sometimes internet security is not develop or updated properly for windows 8 by developer and issues are created by that kind of software. So you may contact to them to ask about your problem. OR disable those software and check if your problem is solve.

I am using windows 8 and all the thing is working fine but have problem with windows store. My windows store is disappear after using windows 8 manger. i tried many thing to search on my PC but cannot solve my problem. I searched on the internet and also search on many website and forums but cannot solve the problem. so any one please help me.

I have also installed windows 8 to check that how it works. It have found many problem till now. There are many users reporting about problem with windows 8. There are many users who have this same problem windows store is diapering from start bar and search. The cause of this problem is still search by developers. cleaner tools is creating that kind of problem because it is also still developing for windows 8 compatibility so don’t use that kind of tools. I have some solution which I guide you to solve your problem.

System Restore:
    • On the Start screen type systems restore.
    • Select Setting>> Restore point
    • Choose a time and date prior to Windows Store disappearing and click Next.
    • Select Finish when you are ready to perform the System Restore.

Use you Refresh command to refresh your system
    • On start screen type Refresh and select Settings and then select Refresh your PC.
    • On the General page, scroll down to Refresh your PC without affecting your files and select get started.

Run System File Checker
    • Type a command on start screen
    • Right click on it and Run as administrator
    • Type “sfc/scannow” command and hit enter
    • IT will find any issues then fix it automatically.