Thread: blue screen seconds after windows logo

blue screen seconds after windows logo

Hello all!
    I am whipped! This Dell has beaten me and I'm seeking help.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 running windows 7. At first the problem was that upon boot up it would give me a black screen with a blinking cursor and that was it. I looked at a few forums and fixed this from the command prompt. Now it goes a step further and brings me to the Windows LOGO screen and then I get a VERY fast blue screen and it then reboots. That is as far as i can get. I've tried to repair, restore and even reinstall windows but nothing seems to work.

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you!

Re: blue screen seconds after windows logo

You seem to have tried out a no of solution so far and they should have helped, anyways just wanted to know that have you tested out the ram?? if not then try to run a memtest, if it is possible to do the same by using your ram in some other system.

Kh@LmaYak,
    Thank you for you response. As of you post I had not thought to check the ram. However, I did just check both sticks in a netbook I have and both worked just fine. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by delltroubles View Post
    Kh@LmaYak,
    Thank you for you response. As of you post I had not thought to check the ram. However, I did just check both sticks in a netbook I have and both worked just fine. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Can you just let me know the type of the error that you might have read on the bluescreen, if you are not yet aware of the same then reproduce the issue make a note of the same and post it here so that i can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you out with the same. If you want then you can refer to the below article as well.
    Resolving stop (blue screen) errors in Windows 7

hey buddy.. i ws also experiencing d same problem recently.. It is most likely that some of your boot-sector or FAT files are corrupt.. i tried out a dskchk from the windows boot menu, ran d diagnostic and reinstalled d OS.. it worked just fine. try that out and do let me know what happens.