Thread: Error 0x80010108 of Windows Live Photo Gallery, if viewing pictures on SD card

Error 0x80010108 of Windows Live Photo Gallery, if viewing pictures on SD card

I have just few days back have purchased a brand new computer and have installed Windows 7 Premium 64 bit operating system. The computer has came with the built in card reader. Whenever I insert my 2GB SD memory card into the card reader it gives me an autoplay option now if I select “View Pictures using Windows Live Photo Gallery”, I get this message: “An error is preventing the photo or video from being displayed”. Error code is 0x080010108. Can anyone tell me how I should resolve this? If I select "Import Pictures and Videos Using Windows Live Photo Gallery", everything works fine. Is this the software problem or what it is actually? I am afraid to format the PC as it is brand new and don’t want to make any major changes so early.

Re: Error 0x80010108 of Windows Live Photo Gallery, if viewing pictures on SD card

Try these steps and see if its works for you as it worked for me so maybe it will work for you too:

1. First and foremost close the Windows live photo gallery.
    2. Click on “Start” from your main screen.
    3. Click on “Run”
    4. In the Run type
      “%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Photo Gallery”.
      Without using the inverted comas.
    5. Find the file name Picture.pd5, Right Click on it and click on “Rename”.
    6. Change the name of the file to OLD_Pictures.pd5
    7. Now restart your computer and check whether you are getting the error again.

As I said it has worked for me so I hope it even works for you.

Re: Error 0x80010108 of Windows Live Photo Gallery, if viewing pictures on SD card

Before you connect your card again check if you are following the exact steps or not. See I have mentioned the steps to import the files just follow them and see if you are coming across same error again.
    1. Make sure that you have turned on your digital camera or card reader and connected to the computer.
    2. Open the Windows live Photo Gallery by clicking the start button. In the search box type photo gallery and fro m the list of results. Click “Windows Live Photo Gallery”.
    3. Click the Home Tab and then click on import.
    4. From the import photos and videos dialogue box, click the device that you want to use and then click on import.
    5. Click more options for the options you want to select, such as where to save the files and what format to use for the folder and the file names.
    6. You can select either Review, organize and group items to import or Import all new items now.

You can simply download the new version of Codec pack from the below link
    http://www.microsoft.com/download/en....aspx?id=26829

If you are still facing the problem even after freshly installing the Codec pack I have a different solution for you all. Sometimes there can be issues with the registry so you might need to make some changes in the registry. You should note that registry contains critical settings that are very necessary for your system to function properly. Wrong changes made in the registry can damage your system. It can be done as follows:

1. Click on “Start” and then click on “Run”.
    2. Type”regedit.exe” in run and click on “ok”. This will open the registry editor for you.
    3. Now you need to navigate to the following key:
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ WindowsLive.PhotoGallery.bmp.15.4 \ shell \ open \ DropTarget
    4. Once you find this key Right-Click on it, Click on “Rename” and prefix a hyphen so that it becomes”-DropTarget”.
    5. Repeat the same step for the below mentioned keys:
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ WindowsLive.PhotoGallery.gif.15.4 \ shell \ open \ DropTarget
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ WindowsLive.PhotoGallery.ico.15.4 \ shell \ open \ DropTarget
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ WindowsLive.PhotoGallery.jpg.15.4 \ shell \ open \ DropTarget
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ WindowsLive.PhotoGallery.png.15.4 \ shell \ open \ DropTarget
      HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT \ WindowsLive.PhotoGallery.tif.15.4 \ shell \ open \ DropTarget
    6. Close the registry editor and before opening the Photo gallery restart the Computer.
    7. Try again and see if you get the same error again.