Thread: Is there any editor available for .nbu files

Is there any editor available for .nbu files

I am using a Nokia 5800 XM and just from few days was facing some problems with my cell so formatted my cell phone as I have made a backup of it. Now I want to restore it back to my cell phone. So I just wanted to confirm that is there .nbu editor because when I am trying to do it with the Ovi suite it says that there is not enough memory. I will need to delete something from the file or else I won’t be able to do that so kindly suggest me some software so that I can restore my files.

Re: Is there any editor available for .nbu files

Hi, even I was wandering if there is any option of opening the backup files from Nokia Pc Suite which is .nbu files? Such as any programs. Even I am not able to back up my calendar entries onto my cell phone which I backed up from my last cell phone using the latest PC suite. I just hope that there is something available for this as I am worried because if there is no solution I will lose my very important data. Hope someone has a solution for this.

Hi, you can visit nokisoft and download the new version on Noki v1.7 it will help you in the following ways:
    • It is an Explorer and Extractor for phonebook, sms, calendar, memo and other media files.
    • It offers Tooltips for previewing Info details.
    • It can convert files to text, merge multiple files into single text file or can just extract without conversion.
    • Multiple selections are available to extract only interested items.

Hope it works for you as I feel it is one of the best utility provided by Nokia.

Hey friends found this converter it will convert all your sms’s into txt, doc, pdf so hope it helps you convert you your sms and all such stuff and lets you store a back up of it in whichever format you like. The name of this converter is NBU converter you can download it by simply by searching on google

Hey friends I’ll suggest you to go with Nokia Backup Explorer this seem to be the best option to me till now. It allows you to back up contacts, calendar entries, messages and bookmarks and store it as a file (.nbu) and even gives an option to restore their phones or import contacts/calendar entries/messages and bookmarks into a new phone. Nokia Backup Explorer is pretty light weight software as compared to Nokia PC suite or Ovi Suite. You can easily get this software by clicking the following link as it is a free ware and easily downloaded.

Hey friends found this converter it will convert all your sms’s into txt, doc, pdf so hope it helps you convert you your sms and all such stuff and lets you store a back up of it in whichever format you like. The name of this converter is NBU converter you can download it by simply searching it on google. Hope that helps you out.

I’ll suggest you to go with Nokia Backup Explorer this seem to be the best option to me till now. It allows you to back up contacts, calendar entries, messages and bookmarks and store it as a file (.nbu) and even gives an option to restore their phones or import contacts/calendar entries/messages and bookmarks into a new phone. Nokia Backup Explorer is pretty light weight software as compared to Nokia PC suite or Ovi Suite. You can easily get this software by going to nokia official website or search it via google.