Thread: Unable to Install Nokia Ovi Suite on my PC

Unable to Install Nokia Ovi Suite on my PC

I have recently purchased the Nokia Mobile Phone X2-01 and have received a CD of Nokia Ovi with that phone itself. I am experiencing a problem while installing the Nokia Ovi on my computer. I thought that the problem is with the CD but it worked well with my Laptop so I am unable to understand what the issue is? I tried several different things tried running the setup as an administrator and even tried using troubleshoots on my computer but nothing worked for me. So is there any other option to do the installation. The Screen Shot of the image is as follows:

Re: Unable to Install Nokia Ovi Suite on my PC

I suggest you to try a clean installation of the Nokia Ovi Suite once again because most of the times the problem occurs due to the wrong installation so first follow these steps to uninstall the Ovi Suite.

• Go to “All Programs”, and then go to “Control Panel”.
    • Click on “Add and Remove Programs” section.
    • Select “Nokia Suite” from the list of programs.
    • Click “Uninstall”, also uninstall “Nokia Connectivity Cable Driver” and “PC Connectivity Solution”.
    • Now restart the computer and Install the Nokia Ovi Suite.
    • Again restart the computer and connect the device, do not open the Nokia Ovi Suite till all the drivers are loaded properly by the Windows.
    • Once it’s done then Launch Nokia Ovi Suite.

I hope this works.

Yes, most of the times there are registry issues and therefore re installation becomes very essential but before reinstalling the Nokia Ovi Suite again I’ll suggest you to try Nokia PC Suite Cleaner which you can download from www.nokia.com .
    Sometimes it may happen that uninstalling certain files may not remove it completely from our system so at that time this PC suite Cleaner helps us remove any unnecessary Nokia PC Suite related files and registry data that is left on your system after the uninstallation of the PC suite. Before running the PC suite cleaner, take a back up copy of all your content if it is stored in the same folder as Nokia PC Suite. The important task performed by the PC suite cleaner is that it,

Removes all old and unnecessary data related to Nokia PC suite from the PC to make way for the new Installation.
    Cleans both Nokia Pc Suite files and registry data.

Hi, Tried everything suggested but nothing seems to work it is still giving the same error. Followed all the steps of uninstallation and then downloaded the PC suite cleaner and even used it but no use. At the end manually deleted the drivers and again reinstalled but not helping is there any solution for this because now I am planning to just give it up. Need help urgently.

I had the exact same problem and error as you are having but luckily fixed it. I am not an expert or trained in any ways I just tried it till I got it to install rightly. It has some work to with the registry so first take a back up of the system so that even if you take a wrong step it won’t damage your system. Anyway, here’s what you have to do.

First totally uninstall the Nokia Ovi Suite and then open the “Registry Editor”, you can open it by tying “regedit” in Run. Then follow the following path:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\DA42BC89BF25F5BD0AF18C3B9B1A1EE8

Now select the folder DA42BC89BF25F5BD0AF18C3B9B1A1EE8

Then Right Click & Choose "Permissions".

Click “Advanced”, select “Owner” tab and under owner assign your current Account.

Tick the “Replace owner on subcontainers and objects” tick box on the owners tab

Tick the “Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects” tick box from the Permissions tab.

Now Click “Apply”.

The keys now will be writable by the installer and it will not create an error now.
    Hope it works for you

Hope fully the above solution will work for you if it doesn’t works then you will need to create a new entry of a string Value. To do this Right Click on the same key and then click “New” after that click “Rename” and rename it to "68AB67CA7DA75301B7449A0300000010" this will create a new entry in the registry so it will now not give an error of Unknown registry.