Thread: Nokia Ovi Suite not upgrading to 3.3.89.0

Nokia Ovi Suite not upgrading to 3.3.89.0

I have installed Nokia Ovi suite 3.1.1.85 on my desktop. Whenever I connect my cell phone to the PC it prompts me to update my Nokia Ovi suite to 3.3.89.0. First I didn’t want to upgrade my Ovi Suite but it was prompting me regularly so at last I decided to upgrade it and downloaded the installation files. But now after downloading the installation files when I try to install it on my PC; it says that “Installation cannot be started. The installation package has a unknown signature which is not been verified by Nokia. Try again later.”
    Any suggestions for this will be appreciated as now I am even unable to use my old version on Ovi suit.

Re: Nokia Ovi Suite not upgrading to 3.3.89.0

Hey friend it can happen sometimes that the installation may cause certain errors because of which it might be showing this error, what you can do is try an uninstall your Nokia Ovi suite entirely from your PC. Restart your pc and then again try to reinstall your Ovi suite may this will not raise the problem again. You can even try to repair your Ovi suite by visiting the Nokia website or by just downloading the “Nokia_Ovi_Suite_webinstaller_All.exe” from the below link.

This is very easy process you just have to download the .exe file as sometimes it may happen that the file you downloaded from the internet may be corrupt because of which it may be giving the errors so simply visit the link download the .exe file and try to reinstall. Hope this will solve your problem and help you in enjoying the Ovi Suite facilities.

I was facing the same problem mentioned above and was very frustrated because of that it always prompted me to update my Ovi suite again and again so I had no option then to force the up gradation. But when I upgraded it didn’t worked and was very confused so I thought that may be repairing will work for me, so I tried to repair the Ovi suite but it didn’t work for me. I was unable to understand that why it is not working so I just uninstalled Nokia Ovi suite and every component associated with that and then again installed the Ovi suite from the Nokia link you provided and now it’s running properly and I am able connect my cell phone easily with my PC.

I have tried repairing and even tried the uninstallation process, but nothing seems to work for me. May be it has something to do with that signature or else some kind of authentication I am unable to understand what it is can someone suggest me some other solution. Which can be tried so that there are no problems what so ever..?

Sometimes the problem can be with your Intermediate CA Certificate. So just check for the same if that is the problem with your Ovi suite certificate. For checking your intermediate CA certificate you can visit this link and update your CA certificate.

When you visit the above link you will be able to see two boxes with some garbled text written into it- one will be primary one and other will be secondary one. You have to copy and paste the text written in that two boxes into a text editor such as notepad.

Keep both the codes in different note pads and save those notepads with a .cer extension. Then you have to import those certs into windows.

You can do this by right clicking on those .cer files and selecting “Install Certificate” from the Menu. Once this is done you won’t face any problems in installation and you will be able to install the Ovi Suite quite easily.
    Try this it will help for sure.