Thread: How to create a Word document using Microsoft Works SE 9

How to create a Word document using Microsoft Works SE 9

I am looking forward to create a document using the Microsoft Works SE 9 word processor. Does anyone know which the proper way to start is and where I can get all the details, info, tips and guides and all? I don’t have any experience with Microsoft works nor have I used it before. Can anyone tell me how to and where to start it?

Re: How to create a Word document using Microsoft Works SE 9

AS far as I know that you are having the "sponsored edition (SE)". This is actually the Microsoft-ad-supported full license version. In this version you will see ads from Microsoft. You will see as long as you are using it and don’t worry about the license expiring. The ads have nothing to do with it. As you know that the Microsoft Works contains a word processor for creating reports, letters, and such. The Word processor available in MS Works is very simple to use. You just need to create new document by using the appropriate option and then type some text. Save it as you want. The extension of the word document created in this is .wps.

Microsoft Works is a simplified version of Microsoft Office, which has a text editor, a spreadsheet, a folder of documents and a database fairly simple to use, though far from the capabilities of Access. To create a new database using Microsoft Works, go to "All Programs | Microsoft Works | Microsoft Works Database" to launch the program. This will open a window in which you select "Blank Database" to create a new DB or "Open existing database" to open an already created. We could also choose a model among the existing ones. If we choose the first option, you open the "Create Database" in which you select the table fields and their types. Unlike Microsoft Access, where you create the table and then inserted inside the camps, Microsoft Works Database, you first enter the fields one by one, giving their names in the line "Name" field. When we entered all the fields, click on "Finish" button to enter data entry mode.

Go to Start>All Programs>Microsoft Works and then select Microsoft Works Word Processor. The program will open with a blank document. Type anything you want in your document. The word processor in Microsoft Works is same as the other word processor programs. It will wrap the text as it is in MS word. Even you can format the text, cut it, delete, copy, paste etc. To save the document click on File→Save. Type a name which you want to give for a document in the File Name text box. Click on Save to store the document in desired folder. You can also save the document in other word format also. Like this way you can open the Microsoft Works word document in any other compatible word processor programs.

I don’t really like the Microsoft Works. It is a very lightweight program or edition which does not contain many features. It only comes with only few basic editing formats for word document, database and spreadsheet. I will surely use the MS office for all purpose no matter which OS I use. It is really easy to use because it is feature rich program for all purpose. It is a complete All-in-one Package. You should not use Microsoft works because its file formats are not easily able to read on other programs. You might need to do the conversion.