Thread: For extracting so many formats Windows 8 Consumer Preview should be having compress tools like 7 zip

For extracting so many formats Windows 8 Consumer Preview should be having compress tools like 7 zip

I have lots of expectations with windows 8 as I think it will provide robust performance and give users a good presentation. Later it came to my notice that windows 8 is having inbuilt compress tools such as zip, but do you think it will comparable with compressing tools such as win rar, 7 zip as these tools have worked great in windows earlier versions and I was making use of them most often. They must have made advancement , but one question which I would like to ask is whether we can open other file compression formats using in built windows 8 file compression tool . so is windows 8 providing such facility. In addition can you provide some means in which we are able to Compress Winrar to EXE .

Re: For extracting so many formats Windows 8 Consumer Preview should be having compress tools like 7 zip

You may have seen that most of your files floating about on the Internet are in ZIP format. So I don’t think there is such need for what you are saying. But rather it would be great if Microsoft encompass compatibility tools for the RAR format and if you are considered more regarding ZIP file, ZIP file specification is in the public domain. RAR is fairly common. There are many legit software which make use of ZIP in one format or another. WinZip is the leader in extracting files, compressing files, encrypting files, along with sharing files, as well as storing files in backup. Installing this Zip files freeware in Windows 8 is precisely like it is to install in any other Microsoft’s Windows like Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7. The meaning which I stated previously that it is in public domain which indicates that its free for anyone to make use of and build other tools based on the specification. Microsoft will require to pay for Implementing a RAR solution into Windows as it has been seen that It's still owned by RAR Labs.and that will affect end users as they are the ultimate payers. So why don’t you use it explicitly. That will not cost more for you that implementing it in windows 8. And I think they have done right thing.

Re: For extracting so many formats Windows 8 Consumer Preview should be having compress tools like 7 zip

I downloaded pictures sent by my associates as a compressed file. I am not knowing exact process by which we are able to decompress it. The computer indicated me the error of the Winrar. Is there anyone who can show me the means to repair this file? I have a rather important query to ask for your suggestions. I want to decompress a Winrar to an EXE file. As a computer beginner, of course, I am not knowing regarding the same. I have my system running with Windows 8 home premium.

If you are interested in decompressing Winrar you can attempt 7-zip. There is no requirement for you to decompress it. You just need to rename and then you can appreciate the photos. if the issue persists, possibly this is a issue with the archive being created on your Windows 8. And if you decompress a Winrar to an EXE file , you need to click Too >>Folder Options >>File Type in the explorer and then search rar file and select the adjust and then select winrar.