Thread: Syncing or integrating SharePoint calendar to Android

Syncing or integrating SharePoint calendar to Android

So, everybody are acquainted with that SharePoint has a calendar list type that is definite as well as ready to employ, out of the box. confidently you can recognize that with Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and 2007, you are able to read the SharePoint calendar from Outlook. And with Outlook 2007, you have full, two-means synch as well as offline admittance to SharePoint calendars, giving you a true “group calendar” functionality that is capable of replacing with other tools counting Microsoft Exchange public calendars. I am interested in creating and attaching a project calendar to my team's Web site and I cant find better means than SharePoint.i want to assist my teams by creating an overview of a project that my entire team can employ to boost our efficiency as well as communication. So I am having some query guys as I am not able to sync my SP calender to Android. is there any possible means in which I can do the same. In addition , Please let me know some process in which I will be able to synchronize my Outlook calendar with Google calendar which will sync with my Android phone. So please provide some definite solutions.

Re: Syncing or integrating SharePoint calendar to Android

Sorry to say, but there is no out of the box functionality to synchronize a SharePoint Online calendar with an Andriod. According to me, I don’t find such means in which you are able to do so. And I suppose you don´t sync directly outlook with android as you specified in the previous post. You may be able to look at the Android market place along with discover a 3rd party application that will carry out this for you. But later I found some software such as CompanionLink which will sync Outlook with your Android device. To add regarding the same , CompanionLink installs on your PC and works mutually with a free CRM app for Android. The application is called DejaOffice and is accessible from the Android Market on your device. as well to sync functionality, DejaOffice offers you business-class contacts,along with calendar, tasks furthermore memos on your Android.
    1. So you first of need to install CompanionLink on your system and configure it to sync with Android by means of USB.
    2. Then make an installation of DejaOffice on your Android device as well as configure it for USB sync.
    3. You are able to configure CompanionLink to sync routinely when you connect your device, or else just connect and hit sync.

According to me, it’s an simple process. As many of us new Androids make use of Microsoft Outlook frequently for email without Exchange. At present that you have an Android phone you have a separate calendar in Gmail which your Android cell phone can with no trouble sync with. This makes things very suitable and consistent when you are able to enter information in either and they all remain matched. So first of all download the Google Calendar Sync software and then enter your Gmail account information and then choose 2-Way sync as this will tend to sync your Outlook with Gmail . you need to set sync interval in minutes. Whether you enter calendar entries in Microsoft Outlook, Gmail or your Android phone, all places will be synced. For example, you add an entry on your Android phone, which will ultimately sync with Gmail; afterward in the day you get back to your system and open Outlook in which Google Calendar Sync will tend to sync with Gmail.

Thanks for your replies as I can find this to be interesting. but instead of sending SP calender to Google , I require to open the SharePoint link in Android and aging from Google to Android mobile. So what I am concerned to is I need to open the SharePoint Calender into Android. And to specify further instead of going this way, SharePoint Calender and then to outlook moving to Companion Link and finally with Android, I need to directly move with SharePoint Calender , outlook and then straightly to android. So can you help me guys further.