Thread: MPEG files don’t play in windows Media Player 12

MPEG files don’t play in windows Media Player 12

when I had some glance on the topic regarding Windows Media Player 12 which has incorporated several features and many more such as built-in support for many popular audio and video format which includes 3GP, AAC, AVCHD, MPEG-4 as well as WMV, along with WMA. It also came to my notice that it also tends to support most AVI, DivX, MOV, and Xvid files. So I was playing an MPEG file which I was confirmed that there will be no troubles while playing it, but when I played for the second time the same file, I was with " out of sync.". this is really ridiculous. Is it the reason as I upgraded to Win 7 . I then made some tries with selecting Replay or putting the player in REPEAT mode , it comes into view that the video and position indicator tends to be out of sync. I am getting some black screen while playing the video and it also appears that indicator will tend to reach up till certain amount of video and it gets paused at that time. I will be able to see some frames, it may be the beginning frame or the ending frame but not the whole video. It also appears that the video will start in the middle. i have same videos which are playing well in my friends laptop with no issues. I tried with all settings. Later I tried with VLC media player, they were all working fine. But how can we play the same files in media player 12. If you have some advice regarding the same, or any re-installation process of media player let me know. I also tried with different players , made download but I like windows media player played. So please let me know.

Re: MPEG files don’t play in windows Media Player 12

I will provide some information which will be useful in your case, so try with this , you will specifically have no issues. So to continue with Windows 7 it has some fine in-built diagnostic tools to assist you troubleshoot Windows Media Player concerns, which you might be facing. I will give you some steps to fix ordinary trouble you might come across with Windows Media Player 12. So to open these definite troubleshooting and diagnostic modules do the following:
    • you need to first of all type msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic in Start Search and you will be with troubleshooting wizard which will assist you reset WMP to default settings.
    • Then you can try with typing msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic in Start Search and you will be with troubleshooting wizard which will assist make Media files show up in WMP library.
    • Then you can type with msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic in Start Search which will relate you with trouble-shoot DVD playing issues.
    • Try with using Fix WMP Utility from thewindowsclub, which re-registers all concerned dll’s necessary for the smooth performance of Windows Media Player.
    • If you are interested in reinstallation of Windows Media Player 12 , you need to start with Click “Start” button, type “windows features” in the program search box . you will be with “Media Features” in that section and then expand it. You need to clear “Windows Media Player” check box.
    • when you will clear the check box, you will see a pop-up saying that “The following Windows features will also be turned off because they are dependent on Windows Media Player.” You will then be with an listed program to be “Windows Media Center”. click “Yes”. Windows will currently start uninstalling WMP12.then restart Windows
    • in the program search box click “Start” button, type “windows features” . In the “Windows Features” dialog box, you need to look in “Media Features” and expand it. Then boxes “Windows Media Player” and “Windows Media Center”. Click “OK”. restart Windows .
    • This will help you solve your issue.

I was with the same issues , so I made several tries with uninstalling / re-installing sound drivers . I supposed it was due to shark 2007 codecs but later came to notice that there was no relation between the working and shark 2007 codecs . my friend suggested to install most recent Klite codecs and tried that way but no positive result. Also tried with repairing broken codecs with configuring/Tweaking codec settings . Then made some un-installation and then reinstalling media player . Later tried with restoring Media Library . Again playing with every setting for my sound card also playing with eash and every setting in Media Player including advanced – codecs. Each and other type of video works fine e.g. AC3 encoded.Also there is no issue at all from any other kind of player e.g. media player classic is very well. I dont believe it’s a sound card or codec issue. It doesn’t seem like a windows update has been installed . so anyone can explain me what would be exact reason behind this one. Please help me in this issue as after several tries I was not with any positive result.

So according to me, I suppose that the issues is regarding codec files and somewhere relating to it as I exported a list of all the codec files on the PC made an un-installation of Pinnacle software since it installs codec files. Then tried with uninstalling Shark Win7Codecs further with all media centre/media player/DVD feature options and then made an reboot. Made some check with some codec file list exported previously to see what files were still there, it was mostly the ones in system32 . then created a super user local administrator account , made use of local policy editor to insert my new account to each privilege that exists. Made use of my super user account to take ownership of C:\Windows\System32 and then made some modification of some permission on the system32 folder to provide super user full control. Made deletion of codec files from system32 folder with my Super User account and then re-installed Shark Codecs. Again tried with re-installation of media centre/media player/DVD. It will be completely solved as I was with some sound issues also , all were completely solved.

I am experiencing alike issues. When I attempt to play MPG video on windows media player 12 in Windows 7 64 bits, it tend s to appear that the video freezes for some several tries. It is unfeasible to watch the videos this means. In windows media player 12 the video might tend to freeze but the same file would be played using Windows Media Center. I also made some tries with the same videos in Media Center 12 in w7 32 bits and it was also playing well. And according to me , I suppose compilation of Microsoft made for 64 bits is the main concern where it should be. As it comes in view that the same videos play well in media center 12 for windows 7 32 bits. So that could be the reason. So I also checked in my hardware peripherals that could be the reason for such issue but don’t seem so. I first thought it might be 3rd party software related but it does not seem so. WMP12 will simply freeze up when it needs to with no warning or suggestions. I made some hard search regarding this topic and found some player known as SMplayer which does not require the DIVX codec like WMP12 and will tend to work really fine. After trying this one , it really does to give me video and sound on some file types.i then made further checks in the event viewer but it all displayed various errors and system notifications but they were not relating with WMP just things like a number of service failed to initiate or else normal system event logs might have caused the issue.

I would propose you to run a SFC scan and carry out a clean boot on your system to ensure for any other interference present, in addition check for codecs. Attempt to run the SFC scan and make sure if you can determine the issue. You need to perform an SFC scan:
    • you need to perform some operations as , first of all click on Start >>All Programs >>Accessories, and then right-click Command Prompt >> Run as administrator. If you are provoked for an administrator password or else for a confirmation enter your password>> Allow
    • Following command will help you sfc /scannow
    • By this command, you will be able to scans all protected system files along with it will replace all the incorrect versions with accurate Microsoft versions. 'The system scan will begin' message will appear.
    • If any file needs an restoration SFC will replace them. You then need to insert your Win7 DVD for this process to continue.
    • "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations" will appear after this one. And then make a final check with restarting the computer .

You can also try with some other methods as it can solve your issues to some extent. So try this one. So all I can say is to perform a clean boot . first of all , using an account with admistrative rights , log on your system and then move in Search box with typing msconfig.exe . You will be in System Configuration Utility. After you have provoked with password enter your correct password to continue. You will be with an General tab and then with Selective Startup. You then will be with Services tab choose the Hide all Microsoft services check box, followed by click Disable all. Finally click Ok and then restart.