Thread: Unable to find out OSC server setup in LiveMeeting add in of MS Outlook 2010

Unable to find out OSC server setup in LiveMeeting add in of MS Outlook 2010

recently I have installed Outlook 2010 on my computer. also I have downloaded and installed plugin for LiveMeeting as well. it was showing ribbon so that it can be enabled. However it was having different look and feel than that of Outlook 2007. It was allowing me to connect with live meeting service rather than that of corporate OCS server. in previous version I need to enter corporate user name and password to connect with OCS server. whereas in current version I need to enter URL. Also I am getting Cannot connect to server because he information in the user accounts dialog might be incorrect or improperly formatted. Please verify that this information is correct, and then click test connection, if you still can't connect the server might not be available." Let me know if you can give me idea on above mentioned topic. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to find out OSC server setup in LiveMeeting add in of MS Outlook 2010

Do you have installed Lync 2010 client on your system? Well on my computer I have installed Lync 2010, Office Live Meeting 2007 and Live Meeting add-in. I have found that Office Communications Server not having ign-in name into the user accounts. However after removing Lync 2010 and installing OCS 2007 R2 clients on my system I found that Office Communications Server with having sign-in name. so I have concluded that the issue was being caused by Lync client. whenever I was trying to install Lync client it was simply removing communicator 2007 R2 configuration files from Live Meeting add-in. I hope the information which mentioned above would be useful to someone.

Re: Unable to find out OSC server setup in LiveMeeting add in of MS Outlook 2010

Above mentioned problem might be happening because of regression in Live Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Outlook update package which has been mentioned into Microsoft Knowledge Base article 960164. This particular package seems to be parsing audio conferencing provider settings to registry settings of users incorrectly. Also package is assuming that server is using Office Communications Server R2. Hence server simply sends ‘SIP/2.0 400 invalidConferenceKey’ which results into error message client. you can resolve the issue by installing latest version of Microsoft Outlook on your system.

As client is trying to update Live Meeting conference then client would simply send modifyConference command. Office Communications Server 2007 R2 schema reference would resembles with following server
    Code:
    xmlns:msci2="http://schemas.microsoft.com/rtc/2008/12/confinfoextensions"
    but this particular reference seems to be incompatible with previous version of Office Communications Server 2007. However server will not be able to get reference and transaction would simply fails in case sever which you are using previous version of Office Communications Server 2007. conference key would be flagged as invalid as transaction occurs when conference description becomes part of request.