Thread: All about Enterprise CAL of MS Exchange 2010

All about Enterprise CAL of MS Exchange 2010

Well I am looking to use Enterprise Cal on Exchange 2010. I know that Standard Cal is already available. I wanted to get what are the difference between both Cal? Also let me know if I can configure IRM feature. also let me know if I can journal mail enabled public folders by using standard CAL or I would need to use ECAL to get it. well I am aware of that journaling at Hub transport level is available if you are making use of ECAL and journaling mailbox database should be used in SCAL. Let me know if you are having useful information to meet my requirement.

Re: All about Enterprise CAL of MS Exchange 2010

I wanted tell you that Standard CAL used for Exchange 2010 is having -mail, calendar and contacts capabilities, mobile messaging with Exchange ActiveSync. Additionally it is having support for updates of Outlook Mobile on Windows Mobile 6.1 as well as Outlook Web App.. however Exchange Enterprise CAL is supposed to add e-mail archiving, discovery and retention functionality, integrated voicemail. I mean it is having support for unified messaging as well as Forefront Protection on exchange. So if you are looking implements some extra feature then you should have Enterprise CAL. In fact Enterprise CAL are having additionally functionally as compared to Standard one. However you will not be able implement functionally of Enterprise CAL until and unless you are having Standard CAL. You will not be able to Enterprise CAL if you are not having valid Standard CA on you system.

Re: All about Enterprise CAL of MS Exchange 2010

Basically Standard CALs are developed to use Exchange features. Whereas Enterprise CALs are having additional functionary. Exchange Server seems to be working fine in terms of SCALS & ECALS. According to me it up to you what amount of cals you are looking to have on your system. you will not require to install CAL licenses. You will be able to apply on Exchange whether you are looking to use Standard or Enterprise Server version of Cal.