Thread: How to fix corrupted database errors in Microsoft Groove 2007?

How to fix corrupted database errors in Microsoft Groove 2007?

as the title of this particular thread is saying what I wanted to discuss over here. right now I am getting corrupt database errors in Groove 2007. I could not get why this particular thing is happening my situation. Can you tell me any useful steps to resolve this particular problem. any help on this particular matter will be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to fix corrupted database errors in Microsoft Groove 2007?

After going through problem which you have mentioned over here I wanted tell you that backup software or virus checker are crawling into the file system of yours. could be possible that 3rd-party programs are getting into files and processed. See that if you have installed any software then you should configure C:\Users\ username \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\Groove\System (or C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\OFFICE\Groove\System. particularly if you are using Windows XP. If it does not working for you than you should provide the error message which you are getting an idea regarding hardware components of your system. let me know about the windows version and Groove version as well.

Well I have purchased a new hard disk and formatted my system as was getting BSOD when Groove was getting crashed on my system. as far as error message is concerned it was something like ‘Groove has detected that a service database has become corrupt. The redundant database copy has been used to recover the original database and Groove must now shutdown.’ I have not installed any 3rd party search utilities on my system. Windows XP SP3 is operating system and Excel 2003 was also installed. I installed Groove 2007 lately and having latest version compatibility pack. I was not able to get any logs. All workspaces are below 2GB. For your information I am getting error message after overnight. I done full scan by using MSE but I was not able to get any suspecting.

Well I wanted tell you that Groove data is dependent on each other . most of the data could be compressed and encrypted. So it is likely that data might be sensitive to disk corruption and could be your disk get simply failed. Hence in this particular situation I am suggesting that you should run a scandisk and see whether it is working or not.

If SharePoint database has been corrupted then you should simply use backup database and restore the same.
    • First of all you have to find out content Database and you will find out the same into Central Admin and go for application Management and click on Site Collection List.
    • Now you have to backup content database.
    • Even you will be able to detch the database and copy the same.
    • After that you have to restore the same on new server. Simply copy BAK file to the new server.
    • You should create empty DB into Management Studio, and restore backup. Also you should change Option from Option tab in order to make restore dialog to work.
    • Now you have to create e Web App on the new server. You have to go for Central Admin and click on Application Management and you have to create or extend Web App and go for Create New Web App.
    • After that you should restored DB with the newly created Web App. go for Central Admin and click on Application Management and look for SharePoint Web Application Management and simply click on Content Databases.
    • Now you have to remove Content Database from new web app..
    • You should make use of STSADM in order to add restore DB on web app.
    • To find out STSADM you have to go for c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\web server extentions\12\bin
    • Run below mentioned command
    • Code:
      stsadm -o addcontentdb -url http://yourwebapp:port -databasename yourcontentdb -databaseserver yoursqlserver
    • after that execute ISSRESET command from command prompt.
    • If it does not work for you than simply make use SharePoint recovery software in order to repair your database.

Could be possible that shutting down Groove for overnight might prevent reappearing of your problem the error which you have mentioned over here seems to be rare. So I don’t have any much idea about the same. but after doing little bit research work I managed to get that this particular issue is associated with low disk space. But you have mentioned that you replaced the hard disk recently so it seems that there is something which is consuming the disk space. Another possible reason is that there are changes happening on your workspace as modification done by other member. If any of above mentioned thing does not work for you than you should contact technical support to get further help on this particular matter.