Thread: Unable to load windows services on windows 7 system

Unable to load windows services on windows 7 system

From past few days I have been noticing that my netbook was running quite slow and abnormally. Later on realize that it was due to those bunches of software that were slowing it down including ESET Nod 32. Uninstalling them manually was becoming too lengthy process for me so therefore I decided to install and run Ccleaner. However did ran that utility and then restarted the system but then seems like more problems raised after the system restarted. Most of the Windows services like sound, wifi, restore points, sfc were working including windows Aero. Even I was unable to perform system restore after booting the netbook using F8 for restoring windows through the recovery partition. I have nothing that files with .exe extension do work well and find, I am sure with this thing because I was able to run assoc command in command prompt and also I did confirmed it all the way. On my system the recovery partition is existing and until now I haven’t tampered with it so therefore it think its quite safe to eliminate that possibility. Not sure what exactly is causing this problem but there is something that is causing the windows services not to work anymore. I have already searched on web and checked out multiple forums for some other related issue but unfortunately I was unable to find any. Anyways again I would like to specify the issue that after I uninstalled the software and ran Ccleaner all the windows services including windows aero, sfc, system restore and other windows services have stopped working and other than this .exe still works fine. Another thing I would like to specify is that my machine is a netbook and therefore I didn’t receive any recovery disk and DVD ROM along with it.

Re: Unable to load windows services on windows 7 system

The first thing I would like to correct in your post is that, not all but most of the things that you have mentioned unfortunately doesn’t come under windows services section. I guess first you need to know is the services of windows. If you really wanted see all the services of windows and their states then you must probably run services.msc.

Anyways coming back to your issue, let me ask you that are you sure that F8 is the correct one to start up the system recovery from the special system recovery partition, if yes then do you make sure that you press it at the right time and right moment? According to me the best thing you could do is then call up the customer care of your netbook and then ask them for a recovery disks if they can allow you to get one. Also while having a talk to them makes sure that you confirm whether you really did the correct thing to boot from that system recovery partition. This would somehow save you at least USD 100 for the disks and the external drive. Other than this you will also require an external USB connected DVD drive.

Sorry for not mentioning the brand name of my netbook, I am having a Toshiba netbook running windows 7 into it. Anyways about the issue let me tell you that I was already planning to do so but I was completely unaware that Toshiba have already installed a wizard in order to create a recovery thumb drive just because I disabled it from the startup list in msconfig. However recently I have enabled it and created a recovery USB drive and guess what? it worked. Earlier I was supposed to contact the manufacturer to make sure whether I can purchase the recovery media or not. I was never sure if windows 7 work the same as windows XP. I tried to locate and then borrow a full copy of the same version of the operating system and then tried to attempt to repair install. After I performed my cleanup work it seems like some critical missing or corrupt thing.

I do have a Nitro PDF professional that is being installed on my computer system, I have an ASUS notebook system running windows 6 64 bit into it. This windows 7 until now has been working fine and well into my computer machine. Now whenever I try to open the program or any of the PDF files I gets an error message saying “Unable to install windows service”. Don’t know for what reason I am getting this message but even then trying to understand the issue I have already tried to repair by uninstalling and reinstalling everything but nothing showed any great result. When searched on web found a result saying that there might be some corrupt windows installer into the system that is causing the problem. Already have tried attempting some of registry solutions but however the registry entries that are supposed to be able to fix the issue doesn’t seems to exist. Please help me out if possible by any one, any suggestion are appreciable.

Did you ever tried out starting the windows even log service and also NLs service? Starting both the services should however solve your issue. I would suggest you to follow the below steps to start the windows event log and NL services.

For starting the Windows Event Log Service, follow the below steps:
    • First of all in the Windows Go to Start menu and inside the start menu click on Run. A dialog box with a text field will be opened
    • In the Run prompt, type "services.msc", make sure that you type that keyword without quotes. Also remember that its only for Windows Vista/7. Anyways after typing click OK at the Yes at the UAC prompt
    • Now inside the Services dialog you need to locate Windows Event Log and then check whether the Status column is reporting it as Running
    • If it is not running, then right-click on Windows Event Log and then click Properties
    • Now in the Properties dialog, make sure that the Startup type is however set to Automatic. If its so then click Start. After this click OK for closing the properties dialog

And now for starting the NLS Service you need to follow the below steps:
    • First of all in the Windows Go to Start menu and inside the start menu click on Run. A dialog box with a text field will be opened, same as what you do in the first step of Event Log service
    • In the Run prompt, type "services.msc", make sure that you type that keyword without quotes. Also remember that its only for Windows Vista/7. Anyways after typing click OK at the Yes at the UAC prompt
    • Now inside the Services dialog you need to locate NLS Service and then check whether the Status column is reporting it as Running
    • If it is not running, then right-click on NLS service and then click Properties
    • In the Properties dialog, ensure the Startup type is set to Automatic,and then click Start.
    • Now in the Properties dialog, make sure that the Startup type is however set to Automatic. If its so then click Start. After this click OK for closing the properties dialog