Thread: Running debugger in XNA Game Project not opening in game window

Running debugger in XNA Game Project not opening in game window

I am using Visual Studio 2010 Professional along with a single add-on Git Extensions for my project Windows Game (4.0). When I am compiling the code, everything works properly without generating any errors or even a single warning. Even the graphics and the textures that I am using do not give any problem. The problem starts when I try to debug the code I have written. The project I am working on requires only single window to be executed and no other process or window is visible to show the back ground activities of the code. Also till now, no change is being dynamically being made to the code I have written. I mean, the code doesn’t get changed in any manner during run-time. I think while working on the settings, I have done something wrong. Chances of my Visual Studio’s settings fiddling with the settings and working of code must also be possible. I can’t figure out what problem is in the code, it is my first project and that too of this high level. Can anyone suggest me some way in which I can sort out this problem?

Re: Running debugger in XNA Game Project not opening in game window

I think that there must be some problem with the default Visual Studio Debugger tool. Also chances are there that you are using certain keyword or syntax that is not compatible with Visual Studio Debugger tool. According to your question, it is obvious that you are trying to develop a game. You can try using Microsoft XNA Game Studio 4.0. as it provides better debugging for gaming codes over Visual Studio Debugger tool. If you think that your code is right and problem exists in Visual Studio Debugger tool, then you can try developing a simple console application for Windows. Try re-installing the Visual Studio 2010 Professional or try using different version. You can try resetting all the settings of your Visual Studio 2010 Professional as you think that settings must be interfering with debugging of the code.