Thread: How to delete clips in Alert commander playing mode

How to delete clips in Alert commander playing mode

Hello friend’s I have a question for everyone over here if anyone can help me out for this problem. I have just started using Logitech Alert cameras. I came to know all the things but I am still not able to understand one thing in the system. As when I am on playing mode in Commander and after seeing the whole day clip if I want to delete them how to delete them as I know to delete them one by one but I would like to know if there is any way where I can just delete all the data of past 12-15 hours or say 24 hours. Please reply. And thanks in advance.

re: How to delete clips in Alert commander playing mode

I would like to give you a good solution for you question. Basically the best way to delete those file is to directly go to the folder where the files are been saved over there you will be able to select as many files as you want and delete it at once. But yes one thing I would also like to tell you that if you delete those files you won’t be able to see the Playback mode on the Commander again. As if you want to do that kind of changes weather you have to add a new file or delete an existing file you will have to delete the RecordingMediaIndex File and after doing that you need to re-sync the whole software.

re: How to delete clips in Alert commander playing mode

Would like to give you some steps to do the things which the above user has mentioned. Basically I have also not done this yet as I would also have to test this myself as I found this solution from somewhere else. First you will have to close the Alert Commander Software after doing so you will have to open the folder where the files are been saved. Generally by default they are saved in C:\Logitech Alert Recordings\year\month\day folder. And if you have changed the path you will have to reach up to that folder where the files are been saved. Now here you will find MediaRecordingIndex file you will have to delete this file. And move the file to the suitable folder. Now after doing this you will have to re-launch the Alert Commander Software. I hope that I have made you understand how to do this. I would also like to tell you what happens in the back ground. As when you do this processor the files involuntarily synched to the MediaRecordingIndex file, and after doing this they delete those files and re-create and this is how you will be able to see the videos once again on timeline.