Thread: Impact on iWeb with the absence of Mobile Me

Impact on iWeb with the absence of Mobile Me

Yesterday morning what came to my notice was that by the end of next year apple is going to turn off MobileMe. First of all anybody please let me know whether the news is true or not, and if its true then its really sad for me as it always helped me with lots of things. I was really surprised to hear about MoibleMe. The first thing that came to my mind when I heard about Mobileme getting disconnected was that iweb would also be killed all the way and I don’t want to loose iweb in any case. I am a professional teacher and I really like creating tiny website for my students like homeworks, activities or anything related to studies. Overall I like using iweb and I somehow wanted it to be active until and unless I won’t allow, I know its not possible but can’t be try to get iweb working for now independent of MobileMe.

I am not at all interested in iClouds, iPhones, iPads, etc. creating websites and good looking decent webpages has always been my hobby, if you eliminate all the other stuffs and just keep iweb onto my device I would still appreciate you. Recently last month I bought a new iMac and now after reading out this news I am planning to return it somehow. But then I think I will have to pay for iCloud if do not use or own any iOS device. I am really confused, if I really have to pay then I think even returning the device will in turn cost me. Along with iweb I also regret for iDisk, I think even iDisk will be disappeared from the apple devices once if MobileMe is removed. I am not sure with the new but it would be really helpful if anyone will let me know the exact information about Mobileme. However I remember once I was told that if needed we can simply publish webpages with iweb to some third party site but what if the application in supportable, I guess it would not be long before it won’t work properly. If everything whatever I said is true then just let me know whether there is anyother application that is as good and as compatible as iweb is with respect to its functionality.

Re: Impact on iWeb with the absence of Mobile Me

I am not getting why you are mixing things, if Mobileme is going to turn off then why iweb will stop working. Surely its going to work as expected, iweb is nothing but a simple application just as a page and it is completely meant to be working until and unless you use it, its not dependent on Mobileme or some other thing. After Moibleme is turned off the only thing you need to do is to upload your created webpages to some other host which is publish to your desktop, and then you need to use some other ftp program in order to upload. I would suggest you go for cyberduck, its really good for the same purpose. You need not have to worry it comes for free of cost.

Anyways other than iweb if you really need some good application that would certainly work the same as iweb then I guess you should definitely go for web based Weebly. Firstly its for free so no worries and secondly its really very much easier to use, in fact more easier than iweb. I think there are some 6 million people and businessman who are useing Weebly for the same purpose. Other than being able to update your very own site with the help of drag & drop from your normal windows machine or Mac system weebly is also able to regularly update itself with some of the other new feature. Until now some of the updated feature which I have came across are Photo Slideshows, Photo Galleries, E-commerce, Visitor Stats & SEO, Mobile Device Friendly etc. other than this the most interesting feature is that you can also easily link your site to some other external site such as blog with the help of the menu bar. Let me tell you that this menu bar also offers you the option of drag and drop menu. If you have Google Chrome then you have got an added advantage, the thing is that with Google Chrome weebly web application icon is also able set up open Weebly in full screen mode and and then it would log you in ready for editing your site.

Moving on to some other third party site is not at all a liable solution as one of the best and the biggest benefit for iweb site was the one step adding of blog spot post updates. You can take a live example of my own self. Now I have a website currently running well and fine without any issue with iweb, I would really always expect it to work the same as it is operating now if I really do care about the site and my income. I have already been hurt by Apple dumping icards. Until now I have never found a single good replacement for iweb and if in this case iweb publishing is eliminated then really it would real disaster for me and other users like me. I will surely have to face the consequences. Apple have to remember one thing, if they force me to move my website to some other third party then surely they will have to face the consequences, I won’t be using any other apple services in future and if they force me to do so then I might even switch the brand to some other big brands existing in the market. Really if they are proving to be trustworthy with their services then why should I care about them and waste my time energy and everything behind them.

I would really hope that iCloud is optional because if it is at some point forced on us then I will not afraid to discard iOS completely from my life. you don’t even have any idea how deep and old relation I share with Apple and their products. I do trust them but I think even they should be able to do the same with me if possible until I am with them.

Yeah definitely there is a third party substitution for the webpage that you own. I would be very much happy to do so as I already know that they might somehow prove much better than what apple have. I really do not understand why apple’s doing so. if they are really planning to drop their best key services like iDisk and Mobile Me support for iweb then its nothing but a huge insult for both its users and also for the new iCloud service holders. I generally put up by not having flash on the idevices. Usually I use iweb for publishing my website. Even I would one of those who are willing to leave apple’s association if Apple is really planning to go for no longer supporting iweb and also my sites. But they have to understand one thing that iweb is such an application that could be simply used with no restrictions no matter what happens. Until and unless you have it you will be able to use it and also publish your websites to some other alternate servers even if MobileMe no more exist.

After Moibleme is turned off the only thing you need to do is to upload your created webpages to some other host which is publish to your desktop, and then you need to use some other ftp program in order to upload.
    I personally do not agree with your comment regarding ftp. Do you really feel that publishing the website through FTP really means the same as publishing through Mobileme? I can show you off number of iweb features that actually don’t work when they are published to some other servers. For instance the hit counter, password protection, blog search are some of them that doesn’t really works as far as I know, in fact the most important feature commenting too doesn’t work when tired to publish to some other server. Obviously the core reason for blogging and posting photo album is to get comments and feedback from the customers and nothing else. blog posts and photos are the only places where you are able to interact and chat with the customers and if you eliminate commenting then just imagine what would be the scenario for both the owner and the customer. However the problem can never be overcome as it is one of the man feature of iweb working. Apple has the power to do anything, if they wants they can simply rewrite the code for the support of interactive features, passwords etc on the 3rd party servers but unfortunately they have stopped developing the apps from past years.

There are so many people who are really very much worried to know the future status of iweb, they really love it a lot. I can see here people suggesting each other to try out certain third party servers and giving out some other alternative solution. But i think the fact is that there are still thousands of people who are now really known about to count on iweb and Apple's one click publishing and hosting in order to make their web sites. Iweb have made it possible for them to make good looking and attractive websites. The only reason they are worried is because they love iweb and nothing else. Some of the users like me has been suing iweb from long time. Obviously they have reason to worry if apple is tried to pull the facility provided to them. the most irritating thing that I don’t like about apple is that even after knowing that almost all of their customers are really very much worried with the iweb future atleast they can come up to us and let us know the real fate of iweb or at least reveal some of the other related information regarding iweb status. They have been ignoring it all the way other than giving out press releases about the Mobileme going away. Apple is now really being to careless and insensitivity about their customers, seems like they now really do not care much about us.

Look the only thing I need to say is that iweb is very much independent of mobileme and the issue has nothing to do with iweb as already being said above. Iweb is just an application that is used to create websites and fortunately you will still be able to built the same for now. Even if you stop or turn off mobileme, iweb is going to be at its best and will never harm you in any ways. I am really not worried about it as I already know that the issue is completely different with iweb. I too have iweb application with me and I really like it. I have been using this app since years, from the time I started using it the interst kept on increasing html to css and now javascript. The more I learnt more complex I made my sites, recently I have also included integrated drop down menus and scrolling text boxes. The reason I am telling you all this is to just let you know my interest regarding iweb, just wanted to tell you that I will keep on using iweb to get help in designing no matter what happens. As it is I don’t use Mobileme for hosting my websites so it would really do not make any difference for me if mobileme really goes away from me. I actually use GoDaddy which according to me one of the best and cheapest one as compared to other hosting servers.

Without performing modifications to the host server I guess you won’t be able to make certain iweb functions work on any of the other web hosting and even if you do the modification sometimes unfortunately things won’t work properly. There are people who really do not have any idea or experience to do some complex HTML coding or anything like that. It actually depends upon us who uses iWeb and iDisk as hosting service or other related things to let apple know that they are not considered. But on the other side also very much upset with less details and information about the retaining for some of the features that are actually used on MobileMe like My Mac and iPhoto gallery.

And I personally do not feel that building a website is not something for fun sake. Almost everything in developing a webpage depends upon the employee who knows how actually we are suppose to develop and do certain kind of jobs that nobody else knows. Its always recommended to have a back up and then keep learning and experimenting especially when it comes to technology. I would still love to be with apple no matter whether its going be close or turn off MobileMe because I know that this thing is no where going to affect me with the iweb. My job is surely going to be continued with no such harsh affect by their decision or something. I am very clear with my thoughts.