Thread: How to change the region in iBooks

How to change the region in iBooks

I have recently started using iBooks and I am willing to change region in iBooks I am not sure if it is possible or not, it is possible to change the iTunes Store region /country by just selecting the country icon, so I just wanted to know that is there a way to do the same in iBooks, it seems as if it is based on the iTunes account profile but then some says that it is based upon the IP address that is assigned for the iPad, so I am pretty much confused here, is there anyone who has an broad idea about the same and can clear my doubts?

Re: How to change the region in iBooks

I am finding an answer for the same, currently I am in germany and here the iBooks are offered in German language literature and I don’t know if it is possible to change the language preference even I have heard that it is set to the IP number, I have asked about the same in other forums as well and have found one saying that we need to have a account in state that as the iBookstore's region goes automatically from the region of our iTunes account, where as the other had said that it is not possible to change the region for getting around as the rights for distributing the ebooks are negotiated by the respected country, the particular book on iBooks that we get is said to be directly dependent on the arrangements that might have been made by apple, even I have got varying answers for this and I have not yet found a straight forward answer for this, so if anyone is quite sure about this case then please let us know it will be very helpful.

Re: How to change the region in iBooks

I am quite sure that the country/region can be changed in the iBookstore itself and I will like to inform you all that it is based on the iTunes account, so if we are having account that is setup for US then it will go for US automatically and the same is followed by other countries as well. I know that some time we want to change the store so as to know the offers that are offered by other stores or top know the response for some apps in other countries and so, like ones has said that it is possible in iTunes where we just have to click a flag for changing the reason but then iBooks is not having the same case, I have found some people facing issues even after signing up to their country address, just to explore the same one person had signed up for an uk address but then he was still forced to access German material, the region thing is pretty much messed for now, I will share more information on the same after a bit of research.