Thread: Can I install Logitech Alert Commander Software on multiple computers?

Can I install Logitech Alert Commander Software on multiple computers?

as the title of this particular saying what I wanted to ask you over here. Can I install Logitech Alert Commander software on number of computers? Once I have installed the software on the several computer can I run the software simultaneously? Is there need to run commander software to record in a camera? I let you know that I am having laptop on which commander software is running and I wanted to use the same on the Desktop of mine as well. So let me know if you are having any useful information to get the requirement of mine. any comments would be great appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Can I install Logitech Alert Commander Software on multiple computers?

Installing Logitech Alert commander software on the different computer seems to be messy. As far as I know Logitech Alert has been designed to work with only one Alert Commander master for the single camera. So in this particular situation I wanted to tell you that you should go for application like as VLC player so that you can view the RTSP streams on other computers. It supposed to be better solution rather than of installing and running another instance of Alert Commander simultaneously on the other computers. Also there is no need to run Commander software to record the camera motion. in fact all the recording can be done by the camera which you are having. Another thing I wanted to share over here is that if there is no issue with latency then making use of alert.logitech.com on the any of the your browser would work. You can do the same for camera viewing on other computers.

Well it has been already mentioned that one should install and use VLC player to get the RTSP stream on other computer without running an instance of the Alert commander in parallel. If you are really wanted to use VLC then simply take care of the below mentioned thing.
    After succesfull installation of VLC player you will need to setup the shortcuts in below mentioned manner.
    C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe
    rtsp://192.168.123.123/LowResolutionVideo
    above mentioned one is for the low resolution where as below mentioned is for high resolution.

C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe
    rtsp://192.168.123.123/HighResolutionVideo
    simply put the camera IP of the camera which you are having and you have to store the same on the router so that you can change it whenever needed. Alert Commander Diagnostics would let you know about their IP. In case you have set any password for the Alert camera network then you will required to do certain extras steps.

In this particular situation I wanted to tell you that VLC supposed to be a great option to view on the other machines. Particularly when you are having DHCP address reservation so that IP address will not be changed at all. if you are going to run more than one commander on the same local network then also there will not be any issue at all. currently to get the best output you will need to setup the online account information so that you can install the commander.

If you are looking to have single installation of the commander \ in order to archive the camera media recording and others wanted live viewing station then you should simply uncheck the Copy camera video to my PC (Recommended) option from the first run wizard or you should go for storage and look for Computer settings page for the other installs of Commander.. you will get more than one installation of the Commander archiving recordings. However it would consume more bandwidth as well as camera resources.

Also you will be able to get view from the 2 or more Commander installations at a given moment of the time. Though same as above it would take more camera bandwidth as well as camera resources. If you are having another commander setup without any online account and without having any archiving then the entire thing would be same as that of VLC. After having that latest version small window would be used for the live view so that there will be usage of low resolution stream rather than that of the higher resolution stream. Hence it would create more headroom on network as well as computer rendering the live video.

In case you are having online account to setup couple of commander on same network and you will get the same kind of the camera. The 2nd commander would discover the camera and it would ask that ‘do you want to change the online site to the new Commander's site, or leave on the old site?’ you might not asked by the questions again since you can simply modify the changes by simply resetting the camera and rediscovering the first with commander you wanted to make as master.

You might get an issue if you have done ‘Secure Local Camera Network’ the entire thing is that you will need to work smoothly so that you will be able to get the same kind of the security key when you are supposed to do the installation of the all the commander software. In case you are running on HomePlug network then the security key can be used as HomePlug password. If 2nd installation of the Commander runs on network with the HomePlug. In case it is detected then it is not aware of the correct HomePlug password and it would prompt about the same. as it prompts for the security key then you have to take care of the thing that it should be matching with the one which you have entered into the 1st installation of the commander software.

In case your computer is powered by Windows 7 then the latest version of VLC 2.0 would not work for you. if I am not wrong there is something wrong happening with the same. however you can remove the current version of VLC and install the latest version of the same on your system. I have found that VLC v1.1.11 is working fine with Windows 7. In the situation of mine VLC 2.0 was working fine with Windows 7 until and unless I have reboot the system of mine. however my laptop powered by Windows XP was working fine with that. So there something wrong with VLC and I hope the developer would fix the same as early as possible.

I don’t think so you will get any issue with VLC by using any kind of resolution on Windows XP. It could be associated how you are supposed to view the same. if you are looking to view remote desktop then there would be need of introducing a new variables. In case Logitech does not seems to allow the remote control viewing then I am sure about the thing that there is something to how Alert commander is rendering the video and also how remote control app supposed to handle the video. See that whether you have setup password for the local network. You can check out the same by clicking on Settings and go for Security and Web and go for Advanced. VLC RTSP would require to do the security info.