Thread: Not able to Access iPhoto and getting error

Not able to Access iPhoto and getting error

I have recently downloaded iLife 09 and the problem that I am having with the same is that the iPhoto is not working well, everything else then it is working fine without any issues when I am trying to access iPhoto then I am getting an error message saying “"You can’t open your current photo library using this version of iPhoto.You have made changes to your photo library using a newer version of iPhoto. Please quit and use the latest version of iPhoto." I am not aware of the same as I have never faced the same issue before, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out with the same??.

Re: Not able to Access iPhoto and getting error

I have recently downloaded iLife 09 and the problem that I am having with the same is that the iPhoto is not working well, everything else then it is working fine without any issues when I am trying to access iPhoto then I am getting an error message saying “"You can’t open your current photo library using this version of iPhoto.You have made changes to your photo library using a newer version of iPhoto. Please quit and use the latest version of iPhoto." I am not aware of the same as I have never faced the same issue before, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out with the same??.
    I will suggest you to better try out opening the Library with a later version and if you want then you can try running Software Update so as to get the latest version but in case the issue exist then you can try out the below solutions:
    • First You can try to take a Back Up and then try rebuilding the library using the command and option keys when you are launching iPhoto, if you want then you can use the resulting dialogue to rebuild as well you just have to Choose to Rebuild iPhoto Library Database from automatic backup.
    • Secondly you can just download and install iPhoto Library Manager from the fatcatsoftware site and then use the same for rebuilding the function, I will like to inform you that using this you can create a new library which will be on data within the albumdata.xml file but then here you won’t be getting everything and slideshows, books or calendars will be missing and you will be having albums and keywords, I suggest this solution because it is non-destructive and it does not mess with the old libraries and just create an entirely new library but then if you don’t like it then you can switch back to what you had.

Even I have been facing the same issue, actually I have tried out composing a detailed description of the issue but then it will be very long any ways in the end it is same as the issue that has been already mentioned, I am willing to try out the solutions that has been mentioned in the very first post but then I just wanted to know if I try them out and the solutions fails somehow then will there be any possibility of getting my lost iPhoto library. I really wanted to know if that’s possible, I am asking so because I am not having backup of the library currently, so what can you suggest me further for this issue? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated

Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know that have you got success in configuring the sbcglobal.net in the Metro UI? I also wanted to know that have you faced any error as such when trying to configure the sbcglobal.net account, if yes then just post the error message as it is so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same, the last thing I wanted to add is that only Hotmail, Gmail, Exchange accounts are said to be supported by the Metro UI, so if you are having a POP account or a IMAP then they won’t work, The hotmail has been found to working better as compared to Gmail and Exchange accounts when you sync your inbox with it just answer what I have asked, for further help.

Yes you should restore from backup before carrying out the above solution that I have mentioned and the very important thing that is to be considered here is to have a backup from which to restore, as far as I am aware mac mini is capable of running 10.5 but then the earliest ones might need some more ram rather than the stock RAM, each mac mini is said to be capable of running 10.6 and you just have to boost the ram a bit, it is really a bad idea to make such changes without having a backup, the photos will be easily retrievable as you will just have to open iPhoto library by right- or control-clicking on it and then selecting the "Show Package Contents" and then check out for those images.