Thread: Need help in emailing iphoto photos as attachment files

Need help in emailing iphoto photos as attachment files

I need so help with iphoto, I mean that I am willing to attach an iphoto as a jpeg file to an email so that It can be opened in any windows system, I don’t know if it is possible to do so but the I have heard it is possible and I am not aware of the workaround that I have to try out, currently all the email photos show are displayed as the actual photos that are imbedded in the email and one cannot take it out using windows pc, is there anyone who has an knowledge about the same and can help me out with this??

Re: Need help in emailing iphoto photos as attachment files

I need so help with iphoto, I mean that I am willing to attach an iphoto as a jpeg file to an email so that It can be opened in any windows system, I don’t know if it is possible to do so but the I have heard it is possible and I am not aware of the workaround that I have to try out, currently all the email photos show are displayed as the actual photos that are imbedded in the email and one cannot take it out using windows pc, is there anyone who has an knowledge about the same and can help me out with this??
    I think that you might be using "Email" feature of iPhoto for sending the photos where the Mail window will be showing the photos as they are a part of the body of the message but then I will like to inform you that the photos are still attached, I have been using the same feature for sending the photos, anyways you can try out the below solutions so that the other user to whom you are sending the photos can take it out.
    • First just create a new folder on the desktop and then Highlight photos that you are willing to send and then go in to File > Export > File Export and then just export the pictures in the new folder that you have created.
    • After that Click on the folder on the desktop and then go in to File > Compress which will allow you to create a a .ZIP file having the same name and within the same folder.
    • So now you can just drag that .ZIP file into your email and then send it

I wanted to add that if they image might be too large then there are possibilities that they won’t get send as most of the email providers deliver only 10 MB for the attachments, so better check out the size of the photo by going in to File > Get Info before carrying out the above task, other than this I also wanted to add that if you are a MobileMe member then you can just create a Web Gallery the pictures you are willing to send and then send it to the user using Windows. Just check out the solution and then let me know if it is helping or not.

I have been facing the same issue after getting the new Mac Mini, whenever I am trying to emailing photos from the iPhoto directly then the photo is shown as embedded in the email text to the Windows PC user to whom I am sending the photos, this make me feel that there is there are no options for PC user to save those photos as jpeg files, I never had the same issue with the old Mini which was running on OS 10.4, I think that there is something wrong with the new OS, I am not having any issues in carrying out the extra step of exporting to a desktop folder and then carrying out the task but then I just wanted to know if there is any Preferences setting that can be changed for fixing the issue, I am looking to find out a simple solution like the old one. One had suggested me for sending plain text by following Mail > Format Menu: Make Plain Text but then it was a setting to be carried out in Mail and not in iPhoto, so if anyone is aware of any other simple solution then please share it here, it will be very helpful.

I have tried out sending mail preferences to send as plain text but then here when I am selecting a photo in iphoto and then clicking on the Email icon which is there at the bottom right then the email program is opening and the photo is appearing as embedded instead of attached and when I am sending the same to someone using outlook on Windows then the email is getting delivered to him as embedded and not as an attachment. Other than this when I am exporting the photo to the desktop and then opening the same in the Mail program even then the whilst is appearing as if the photo is embedded but then when the other person is receiving the same then the photo is not appearing as embedded in the text but then it is appearing to be attached in the expected way. So one can very well try out this solution, I also wanted to know if there is any solution that can be tried for making the Email" icon in Mail work in the same manner, if anyone has any idea regarding this the please let me know as well. Thanks in advance.

If anyone is not willing to change the Mail pref to 'plain text' then they can try out the below solution:
    • When you email photos from iphoto and then open the same in Mail then just copy the image and then go for composing a new message having some text and then make sure that you are pasting the image after the text.
    • You can also click on iphoto button which will be in the top right and then check out for the image and then add some text in the body and then place the photo after that, if you do this then the size of the photograph will be same as that of original in iphot library.

I have tried out both the solutions above and they are working quite foe me but then I think that Apple need to reconfigure iPhoto email.

I am facing the same issue and I have been looking out after a native solution for sourcing emails from within the iphoto in a no of forum but then I have not yet got any help. When I am creating a new email in my mac mail and then dragging the photo from iphoto windows machine then I a getting the file as an attachment and I am not having any issues with the same as I have set the Mac Mail for /mail/edit/attachments/'always insert attachments at end of message' but then when I am highlighting a photo within the iphoto and then clicking on the Mail then I don’t know why but then the windows system is getting the photo as embedded in the body of the message rather than attachment, I have tried out a number of possible solutions that could have but then I have not yet got any luck, so is there any solution that can be tried out for fixing the iphoto to mail defect, I know that the plain text email will help but then I am not interested in the same. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

I have checked out for the same and have found the solutions that you all are looking for, I have tried out the same and it is working out for me without any issues so I am sure that it will help you all out as well:
    • First open Applications>Utilities>Terminal and then type "defaults write com.apple.mail DisableInlineAttachmentViewing -bool yes" without the inverted commas, so from now every attachment you send will be sent as an attachment rather than any unusable decoration.
    • If you are not willing to try out the same then you can try out restoring inline attachment viewing type by using this command "defaults write com.apple.mail DisableInlineAttachmentViewing -bool false" make sure that you are not including the inverted commas.
    • When you are done with the above changes then just Restart Mail and then you will be back to the normal setting.

Just try it out and then post back the result that you get for this.