Thread: Outlook 2010 Sync Errors with Windows Live Hotmail

Outlook 2010 Sync Errors with Windows Live Hotmail

I am with windows 7 32 bit Professional operating system and making use of office 2010 and while I was using Outlook , and making changes in the contacts, it came to my notice that it does not sync the change to Hotmail contacts . I as well have the same issue with Calendar items also. I am not understanding why the issue is persisting with the Windows Live Mail mainly. I made several attempts for making an update of the Connector to the latest version . in addition, I as well tried setting up a new profile then tried it to but there was no change. There were no errors reported in the Sync log. As it came to my notice that forcing the sync by pressing the keyboard shortcut will solve my issue but was not solved yet. So guys can you make some useful suggestions which will really help me to resolve this one.

Re: Outlook 2010 Sync Errors with Windows Live Hotmail

I was also having same issues and I tried using pop3, along with importing post. But there was no effect after doing a fresh sync, and then reinstalling Outlook connector and also with turning A/v off, firewall off. I am not even receiving the errors any longer and it is just hanging on syncing. even a manual POP account did not work . so I tried with another one and moved to the Outlook junk mail settings and there were some entries in the Safe Senders and after removing them along with there were filter which I had to change and Safe Recipients and Blocked Senders lists which was set to high. So I get some hints and changing the Hotmail filtering level to "Normal" all was solved. So you can say that t he Hotmail "Normal" setting really relates with the "High" setting in Outlook. Between the two platforms the connector is having issues syncing the lists and filtering alternatives.

The correct solution is that you have to modify the Web Page URL field in the Outlook contact. There will be no modifications when you will have an entry in this field made to the contact at the Outlook end. But it is time consuming because storing web page URLs in my contacts makes me spent more time. So every time I require to make changes to my contacts, I need to type a single character, in the Web Page URL field and the contact gets updated with phone/hotmail. In addition it was also said that with the shotgun approach in deleting the complete blocked as well as safe senders lists worked in my case. According to me, I think its tied to the Live account data file being the default file in Outlook 2010 and it will be relating to something like that.

You can actually alter a Windows Live account to be the default account in Microsoft Outlook. and you need to move in the visiting Tools>> Account Settings and then the Data Files tab present in the Account Settings dialog. If you choose your Windows Live account and then click the Set as Default button, you will observe your Windows Live account data . You need to click the Mail and then the Calendar and moving to the Contacts, or else Tasks shortcut buttons in Outlook. I have a step by step process as I think you may have mistaken somewhere.

So you need to download and then Install Out Microsoft Outlook 2010 Connector . and then Start Outlook. A message will be displayed which will inquire for “Would like to add Hotmail Account”. Then click yes. You need to enter your Windows Live Hotmail Settings and click on Ok. then you need to access Windows Live Hotmail/Calendar: to proceed further, move to the Mail Folders List as one of your personal folders. in addition to this, when you make modifications to your calendar, they will tend to automatically sync back to your Windows Live account and will be accessed from anyplace.