Thread: Where I can find stuffit expander for Mac OS 7.5.3

Where I can find stuffit expander for Mac OS 7.5.3

My Powebook 1400 is running Mac Os 7.5.3. I would like to have StuffIt Expander for this system. The StuffIt Expander is free software which is used to uncompress Zip archives, decompress tar, gzip and bzip archives etc. The best thing of this app is you can download it separately. It works some like in the similar manner of Winzip, Winrar in windows OS. The latest version available one is only compatible with Mac OS X and later. I could not able to get it work on Mac Os 7.5.3. So if still there is a previous and compatible version of StuffIt Expander, it would be very helpful for me. I don’t trust third party sites for download. If there is a good option to download, it would be better.

Re: Where I can find stuffit expander for Mac OS 7.5.3

Actually you have to get the StuffIt Expander v5.5. AS far as I know that StuffIt Expander is a free and award-winning tool which lets you to access any file virtually which you have downloaded from the internet or from any other source. StuffIt Expander is capable to handle any kind of common common compression formats along with .sitx archives created by the latest StuffIt X file format. This tool is capable to open files quickly and easily on any platform like PC, Mac or any. If you are going to install it on Mac, you will need OS 7 or higher and it is must to meet up the requirements.

As far as I know that the Mac OS 8 and 9 Install CDs may contain a uncompressed version of Stuffit Expander. I assume that even OS 7.5.3 CD also includes the same. Insert the CD in the drive but do not boot from it. Once you get the access to CD, open it to access all files. Try to find Stuffit Expander in it. The location may varies a bit from version to version but I assume that it will locate in Aladdin Software folder somewhere on the CD. If you cannot see in that folder, try to look inside the Internet Access. Copy that file to your HDD. Now you can use it right away without doing anything.

Without any doubts, Stuffit Expander is the best compression and decompression utility for Apple platforms. If you've ever found to have problems of space on your disks, or you need to carry some files that do not fit on floppies or Zips, you have to try Stuffit Expander. Its ease of use will leave you surprised. Stuffit Expander is controlled from the Macintosh to the pleasant environment they're used, with a total use of drag and drop. Just drag the folders you want to compress the window of Stuffit Expander, and you're done, but of course you can control advanced compression options if necessary. Stuffit Expander is an essential program for all Mac users that boasts, with which you can easily expand and decompress these files you download from the web or go through your mail. I unpacked everything from ZIP to TAR, GZIP, BZIP and other formats.