Thread: Unable to update iPhoto or Garage Band

Unable to update iPhoto or Garage Band

I have MAC OS X 10.7 operating system in my computer. there is a preinstalled iPhoto or Garage Band application in my system and i am not able to update it. I have check on internet and there is new version for his application are availble but when i use software update at that time it shows software is up to date. I have also tried to update iPhoto or Garage Band from Garage Band or iPhoto but that does not make any difference. please help me to solve this problem.

Re: Unable to update iPhoto or Garage Band

You should try this steps to solve this problem.

First of all you have to close iTunes and also log out from sign out from Mac App Store. After doing open apple menu and then go to the System preferences. After going in to the system preferences you have to open Users & Groups and then open ~user folder. now you have to select password and then you have to put the ID which you use with iTunes and application store. now after that you have to close system preferences window. now after closing system prefernces window you have to delete adoption.plist files. to delete adoption.plist file you have to open Mac HD and then go to Library. After going in to the Library you have to open caches folder and then you will see com.apple.appstore. Now open com.apple.appstore and then you have to look for adoption.plist file. delete that file and then you have to restart your system. After restarting your system you have to go to Mac App Store. Now you have to accept the iLife apps by going in to the Purchased pane and it will prmpt for the user ID and pasword. enter the details and then its done. try this trick and then let me know whether your problem get solved or not.

i have tried above mentioned steps and after that doing that when i open Mac application store and then select purchased pane at that time i didn't get anything. i have also contact apple support and discussed about the issue and but they said since iPhoto or Garage Band was preinstalled so i have to update if by going in to the apple menu running software update but that does not make any difference. if anyone have solution for this particular problem then help me. thank you in advance.

Try this trick to fix this problem. it might be helpful for you. first of all you to take backup of the data from your PC and then you have to open application folder and then you have to drag the applications to trash which is giving problems. After doing this you have to open mac application store in your computer and then you have to look for the application which you have moved to trash and then you have to install it from there. i was also having same issue and then i have tried this trick and my problem get solved. after trying this solution also same problem occurs with iPhoto or Garage Band then let me know.

According to me you have to try to solve this problem by re indexing Applications from spotlight. i was looking for the solution on internet and i have noticed that many users have solve this type of problem by re indexing application. If you don't know how to re index application from spotlight then you have to follow this instruction. you have to first open Apple menu and then select system preferences. After opening the system preferences window you have to open spotlight from there. Now you will see privacy tab there and you have to click on that. After selecting privacy tab you have to drag entire volume to list. now after that you have to remove the volume from list and all application will get re-indexed by spotlight. may be this solution will solve your problem.

Well i have also fixed similar type of problem with by reindexing the applications. First i have tried to several solutions to fix this problem but that does not help to solve this problem. now after that one my friend have told me to reidnex application and then i have tried that solution and my problem get solved.