Thread: How to add music to the Windows 8 Music App?

How to add music to the Windows 8 Music App?

Guys, I made an installation of the Windows 8 consumer preview. And it was really great. I tried with several experiments with other software’s and products . but after making experimntes with the Windows 8 Music App When I go to the music app in the start screen it reports, "No music in your collection." So I just want to inquirte you all guys Is the any means in which I am able to add music to the Windows 8 Music app by downloading music from the marketplace. My friend trued with this one and I have some information as he has an os on an ssd. He linked the windows 8 'libraries' to his music collection on a SATA drive . And, when he clicks on an individual music file on the sata drive windows 8 does play it as well as display the info.so can you suggest any means in which I am able to do so. Thanks .

Re: How to add music to the Windows 8 Music App?

I have some definite solutions which will work in your case and If you tend to add them to your Windows Library they should illustrate up as long as they are not DRM'd and to continue with this process, you may require to restart the application if it is running at the time you add the folders to your Library. I do not consider network locations are at present supported. In addition with this, I suppose that it is supported if indexed, so on windows server as well as configured properly it should be just be well. unfortunately for me though i have a cheap 1tb Iomega NAS that does not tend to support indexing and i have been making attempts to include it into my libraries and it is now working fine in my case.

There were some issues in my case , where I was not able to mount a shared library, but after trying with my primary home server (Windows 7) , I was able to do that one. I tried with this one. So after making similar attempts you will be also able to do the same.
    1. you need to index the shared music library.
    2. you can add the shared music library to the local music library.
    And then you need to locate the Music share from Windows Explorer, you need to right click on it and make an selection of "Always available offline". After it finishes scanning , you need to add a reference to it in the Windows Music Library and then you can navigate in Windows Explorer to Libraries\Music then after that you will require to right click and select properties. click add then and navigate to the Windows share for you music that you just indexed. You should at this moment see your music in the Music App. If you do not index the network share along with make it accessible offline you music will not show up in the library even if you make an addition with the reference to it in the Music Library.

This is very alike to how I access my data files on my Data Partition from both Windows 7 as well as Win 8 CP. By this means whether I am working in win 8 CP or else Win 7, my data files (on the separate data partition) are synced among both OS's along with and are continually updated by either OS. This way I don't have to work disjointedly to attempt to sync data files after the fact.

I have some definite solution and according to the information founded on net , I have found the process of making use of this Windows 8 Music App:

1. So you need to firstly, search for “Music” and then click on “Music” app to open it.
    2. To get the most advantage from Music app, you will require to log in with your Microsoft account. You need to create one in case you do not have.
    3. You are able to click on any album to listen to your favorites or you might click on “play all” to go through all albums.
    4. In addition, You are also able to view the current song played with total estimated time.
    5. You need to click on “show more” to explore other albums, artist as well as songs.
    6. Then after that you will require to right click at the bottom will show up alternatives like Pause, Repeat, Shuffle, Previous and Next.
    7. Then you need to launch the Start menu and Click on music bar so that you are able to search for a particular song from any music album.
    8. You are able to easily click to play the song or you might add it to your play list.
    9. You are able to view all songs as tiles.
    10. All the songs are played in full-screen mode with a lot of pictures as well the Music player.
    11. Windows 8 Music App will be embedded with great features, So guys you are now ready to personalize this music app so that you are able to listen your favorite artist, albums along with songs.

You might find really tricky how to add a number of songs into the Windows Music, I found an simple means to do this. For instance you wish for to include a folder located on your Desktop, to include it into the Music Application you need to simply right click the folder, and then include in library and then in the Music, and now you are able to access the Windows Music, and you will have all the songs from the Shared folder into the Music App.

In my case , I was also making the same concern and I was able to get my networked HomeGroup library included by creating a shortcut to the library from Explorer along with dragging it into my local Library folder.but I have another working solution which will help in your case and you need to perform the following steps.
    • Open "My Computer"
    • And then make a creation of a folder on your hard drive for your network folders.
    • Then you need to create another folder within that folder,
    • choose the subfolder you just created, tap otherwise click the Home tab, then click Easy access, select Include in library, and then choose the library to which you desire to add the folder. And then Delete the folder.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then click Search.
    • Then you will require to enter cmd in the search box, and then tap or else click Apps.
    • Press along with hold or right-click cmd in the search results, and then click Run as administrator.
    • You will be with something like the mklink /d, and then enter in it and then enter the path of the folder you just deleted and the path of the network folder. Abnd according to your procedure, it will create what is called a symbolic link.

Guys rocking here with the music, as finally, an built-in music player in Microsoft’s all new Windows 8. The Windows 8 Music App which comprise of Spotlight, Collection along with Music market place. You are able to listen songs of your favorites artists which comprise of the Sleigh bells, Norah Jones, Chitty Bang, Far East movement, Estelle and a lot of more.You are able to with no trouble make sure on and listen to your own collection over this Windows 8 Music App. The Music app in Windows 8 permits you to check on Titles, artists as well as other details of a song. But after this short description, as far as the music app goes, I came to know that even if you list a folder which is under My Music, it may not locate it. To remedy this, you need to select all Folders containing music, then right click, comprise in library, music. Afterwards, you need to restart and the music app should labor. You can try with other features of Photo and Video App also. The process is the same in both of the cases.