Thread: Any idea about Direct X for Mac OS X

Any idea about Direct X for Mac OS X

hi guys

I have just bought the Mac machine for home use , it s iMAC 27 inch now the problem Is that I am unable to find any detail about this . I have the CSI Hard Evidence which I bought second had and I believe that it was for Mac as well said on it . and now its saying that I need the DirectX to run CSI. But unable to find Direct x for the mac anywhere . I have seen few places where I find it but that is in EXE format . can anyone help me on this , is the information on the game is printed wrong . is there any alternative on this

Thanks

Re: Any idea about Direct X for Mac OS X

Same here I just bought the GTA 4 for Mac. When I start the game, I see the license Rockstar Games, but just as the GTA logo is about to appear, the game stops and gives me an error message: "GTA IV FATAL ERROR: Unalble to create depth render target - please re-install DirectX and / or install the latest video card driver. " I do not know where this problem does or how to fix it. Because from my little knowledge in Mac OS X does not use DirectX. Yet the same game is well on the MacBook Pro .For info I have a MacBook Pro, early 2011, 13 ", with an i5 processor, 2.3 GHz, 4GB Ram, and Intel HD Graphics 3000 (which is pathetic I know). And I'm on OSX Leo 10.7.3. My cousin has the same MacBook Pro. Some say it is better to install Windows via Bootcamp, but I want to have two systems on my Mac. When the Intel HD Graphics 3000, it certainly is not very good, but my brother able to play with, but at low settings.

Well that last time I checked the DirectX for Mac dose not existed check the system requirement for the MAC on the game box . what version of the game did you brought as far as I know there must be two version separately for the game , not sure about this but never heard that that one version of the game can run ob both Mac as well as the Windows . and if I ma not wrong the game actually is shipped on the same box. What you are having is the PC version published in 2007 the MAC version was released back in 2008 and both are not same . you have to get the Mac version for the UBISOFT to make it run on the Mac Machine and GTA 4 does not exist for mac, I guess you found on the Internet a package containing Winetricks and GTA 4. In short, play it on windows, and if you have trouble writing on a media rockstar.

It true that DirectX is a collection of tools used to develop video games based on Microsoft Windows. This technology, license plate purely Microsoft, has come a long way over the years and is now at version 10 Well, the news is that DirectX is preparing to travel the road that will bring it to Linux and Mac OS X. Certainly not by the will of Microsoft itself, but thanks to CodeWeavers , a company specializing in designing solutions that enable users to Linux and Mac OS X and Windows applications to use video games.

Well I have heard that The new version of the popular virtualization software for Mac OS X adds the ability to run 3D games for older Windows. It also works VMware Fusion, now in its fourth beta, Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac Allows You to Run Windows. The two most important changes are represented by the graphics library support DirectX and OpenGL, which allows you to run under Mac OS X Windows for games like Quake 4 (see the first video at the bottom of article), Half Life 2 and World of Warcraft 3D CAD software, and the introduction of SmartSelect feature, which lets you associate a file type to an application for Windows. For example, you can do so every time you click on a file. "Doc" that will automatically open in Word for Windows. The system is particularly effective thanks to technology Coherence already introduced in previous releases, capable of running virtualized Windows applications directly on Mac OS X desktop, as if they were native applications. By default SmartSelect is already configured to mount and open Mac installation file. "Dmg" in Mac OS X, even if previously downloaded within Windows with Internet Explorer or Outlook, to automatically open files ". Exe "in Windows.

the application that might normally use with Wine to run Windows programs on your alternative operating system, are now working with blood and sweat to achieve the much desired compatibility between the libraries of DirectX on Linux and Mac Details on DirectX 9 and are almost finished, but soon it better: DirectX 10 without needing Windows Vista. Also VMWare also supports DirectX on Mac OS X,