Thread: How do I get page breaks to show in draft view in word 2010.

How do I get page breaks to show in draft view in word 2010.

hello guys , I am making use of the word 2010 and have some intermediate idea regarding this software. So I am concerning to the Page Breaks issue as it is not Showing in Draft view in word 2010. So to add further in the case , I have created a brand latest blank docx doc into which I inserted some good quantity of pages of text from a 2003 doc and when I make some attempts to manually insert page breaks they are not tending to don't appear in Draft view. Also it comes into view that the existing page breaks, together automatic as well as manually inserted, show up . but the issue is persisting with the new ones. There is another issue as while making attempts to see what's going on with the page , it comes into view that the section breaks. I consider this to be another issue. So can you suggest some means in which you are able to close this issue and provide some accurate solutions which will occupy the query. Hope you guys helps me in my case . thanks in advance.

Re: How do I get page breaks to show in draft view in word 2010.

I will provide a simple solution which will help you in your case and to tell in regards with this one , I will tell you that you just need to enter in the File and then in the Options >> Advanced, moving further to the bottom to Under Compatibility options . here , you will be provided with a onLayout Option, and then tick the Show hard page or column breaks in frames and then finally OK. And it was solved as there was a same issue in my case and my friend suggested one more way as he was not getting it by the solution and he just made use of page layout view and then clicked on the Show/Hide button to see the formatting marks. So if you are not getting with the previous one, you can apply the second option.

I m also having the same issue and so as the topic relates to me clearly, I am not able to t get page breaks to show up in draft view in Word 2010. However , I am able to see the section breaks, but not hard or else soft page breaks. I have this major inconvenience, as draft view gives me a better as well as superior view of my document. I am however able to get them to show if you permit all formatting marks to be viewed, but that clutters up the document over.so can you guys suggested more points as the above solution is not working in my case .

So guys , here is another culprit who was having same issues and it was really solved and you can try with the mentioned one.
    1. make use of Print Layout View.
    2. You need to set 'zoom' to 'text width' (which can be put on the QAT for simple access )
    3. You are able to select to hide the footnotes/headers along with white space at the top and bottom of the page -- or not -- as you select.
    The above gets as much on the page as Draft View and it will definitely allow one see where all pages break, regardless whether soft or else hard page or else section (page )break.

I have some information which I think is sufficient in your case to solve your issue . so I need to say that they will display if you turn on your Formatting Marks which means non printing characters. In addition, on the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, you need to click to turn them on/off. in addition, I'm not certain if you ever attempted by suppressing the white space in Print Layout view but ever since this characteristic was initiated and I no longer make use of Draft View frequently. For this, place your mouse point between two pages, or else at the top of initial page, furthermore when the mouse pointers alters, you need to double-click to suppress the white space. And then you can reverse the process so that you are able to redisplay it.

Yes, the previous posts says it correctly and we should all agree with it. I have found some more information regarding this topic, and to continue, in draft view, page breaks are managed by the display of Spaces between words and you can do this moving in the Office and then Word Options >> Display >> Spaces. So, the minimum display you are able to have and still display page breaks is only spaces checked. And , I also need to tell you that in my case , I have found I in fact like Print Layout with white space hidden as well. The only time it's a little disconcerting is when I'm making use of Mirror Margins and they're uneven.