Thread: Getting “MAPI error 0X80040107” after importing a .csv file in Microsoft Office Outlook 2010.

Getting “MAPI error 0X80040107” after importing a .csv file in Microsoft Office Outlook 2010.

so guys I could find some threads related to the mapi error but they were all regarding Importing .pst file a nd other than that. So as they were of some 7 replies , I hope I would also get some replies which will eb udseful in my case . so coming to the topic , I received this "MAPI error 0X80040107 was reported" after I tried to import a .csv file. In addition, the file which I tend to import is the .csv of my contacts I made some export . previous to the import I made some attempts for some lots of number of duplicates from my some thousands of contacts. I came to notice that in my excel file that the email addresses of the same duplicates were placed roughly in cells 352A along with 231A. I made a deletion of the rows as well as a couple of others that had issues as well as errors . i dint made any modifications in the mapping. But as soon as I started the import i received this error message, "An error occurred while importing or exporting and the import/export was terminated. MAPI error 0X80040107 was reported. Please, try to import/export again and later."
    So if I just do a system restore so that I am able to return my contacts to their earlier state previous, would I get the same which I am opting for. Or should I make some attempts to clean-up the duplicates . so what do you guys say regarding this one. Can you suggest some means in which I am able to solve this issue. Thanks in advance.

re: Getting “MAPI error 0X80040107” after importing a .csv file in Microsoft Office Outlook 2010.

I need to ask some questions in this case as are you having an Exchange server. And I need to say that as you said the option to system restore, just consider that the this process which you are opting for isn't going to touch your Contacts, unluckily. In addition to this did you delete the duplications from your mailbox?in addition to this I would also like to ask you whether you are having any backup of your mailbox from before you did the export? Just answer this one so that I am clear enough to solve your doubts.

re: Getting “MAPI error 0X80040107” after importing a .csv file in Microsoft Office Outlook 2010.

Thanks for your suggestion and quick reply and I have an exchange account. To tell you regarding my case , I have learned that you restore all your deleted from the delete items folder, but that is not my problem which I am concerned to. And all my contacts are backed up in .csv files in addition.I was just making some tries to remove duplicates contacts by making use of the 'duplicate remover' in Excel. I suppose the tool removed my large number of duplicates, but left behind their email addresses within two cells; 352A along with 231A, which stretched diagonally the rows.

The Error 0x80040107 which you are admitted surely indicates an Invalid_EntryID which is a strange error to encounter throughout an import process if the import is just making some addition with the new contacts to the folder. I need to ask was this folder "sync'd" in among the export along with import? In addition, I would say that it is not unheard of to have EntryID issues caused by a sync procedure a d this indicates that the sync is having some issues and problems on any one or more contact items which are no longer valid.i need to ask some more questions in this case as to make sure regarding what could be the issue ,
    1) you told that you are importing a CSV file, but are you importing any Excel worksheet also in addition.
    2) you have imported the data right but did any contacts get imported or else did the error happen right away after you did that?
    3) for what purpose you are re-importing, is it to empty contact folder anything else. and what was the actual case and what setting did you choose for "duplicate checking on import"?

It seems like there are some invalid contact items which can be the consequence of a problematic sync. but to discuss further , we need to just focus on the "cause" of the invalid contact items but rather simply that invalid contact items subsists "however caused" . the main reason for that first evaluation is the error coming upon which is "0x80040107 = Invalid_EntryID" .

I also need to say that "Do not import duplicates" needs that existing contact items be checked besides incoming imported items which absolutely give details the reason why existing contact items are being right to use. And I think that should not be an issue or ant problem when the "allow duplictes" alternative is chosen. This is not a proposal that this is the accurate choice to select but just to state potential cause as well as effect of what was chosen.

I need to say that you need to go through the input data file and here , see to it that the items imported should be sequential. In addition, you will also require to find the first item after the last effectively imported contact as well as you have your starting point of what to be gazing for. As it has also been seen that this is an Exchange account and due to this you will require your Exchange admin to help in fixing the contact folder.

I need to say that you need to go through the input data file and here , see to it that the items imported should be sequential. In addition, you will also require to find the first item after the last effectively imported contact as well as you have your starting point of what to be gazing for. As it has also been seen that this is an Exchange account and due to this you will require your Exchange admin to help in fixing the contact folder.

I am also having same issues and I have made some hard attempts with a bunch of different types of file. And in my case, what ended up working was making use of the CSV for DOS (not windows). The procedure I had to go through was to open the file in excel along with save as something like the DOS CSV. And according to my supposition here is that windows make attempts to keep some of the hidden data in the CSV which outlook or else hotmail or live or anything cannot recognize. By making use of DOS CSV strips out all of this additional data in addition to makes for a fresh import.

As found from the sources it has been observed that the character used to separate, or delimit each field in your data decides if you make use of the comma or else tab separated converter. If you tend to open your data in Microsoft Word 97 along with see commas among each field,it is sure that your data is comma-separated (CSV). If you observe a space among the fields, your data is either tab-separated, or else makes use of a fixed width field. In addition, the Outlook tab-separated converter search for a tab character among fields. In Word 97, you are able to make an selection of the Show/Hide alternative; tabs come into view as arrows that point to the right, as well as space characters comes into view as small dots.so hope this information helps you to get to your point.

Are you mistaken somewhere in the importing section as this might be the other reason for this type of error. I will provide you with some steps which will enable to get to our point.
    1. So starting with you need to click on the File tab, and then choose Open.
    2. You then require to select Import.
    3. You will be with the Choose an action to perform list, and then you can click Import from another program or file, and followed by clicking Next.
    4. You will be provided with a list option such as Select file type to import from, and then click on the file type that matches your data subsequent to clicking Next.
    5. In the File To Import box, you need to type the path and the file name of the file that you wish to import, or else you can click on the Browse so that you are able to locate the file >> next.
    6. You will be with the Select Destination Folder, list and then you can click on the folder that you wish for to import to >>Next.
    7. Atlast you need to confirm that the destination folder is accurate >> Finish.