Thread: Changing the flag colors in Outlook 2010 which results in different colors before you open the email?

Changing the flag colors in Outlook 2010 which results in different colors before you open the email?

i am making use of Microsoft Outlook 2010 and as I searched in many forums regarding this but was not able to find regarding this one, so I want to inquire all you guys that how I am able to change the flag colors in outlook 2010 so that they show dissimilar colors previous to you open the email? As I was able to do the same in 2003 as well as 2007 but not in this version. Can anyone state some reasons in this case to solve this one. Please provide a appropriate solution which will help me in my case. Thanks in advance.

Re: Changing the flag colors in Outlook 2010 which results in different colors before you open the email?

It has been stated previously that it is not supported in Outlook 2010 and instead of colored flags, outlook 2010 has colored categories. So you should make a note of this one and then please consider re-instituting colored flags as a alteration or else an extra power tool for outlook 2010. In addition, the colored flags were a suitable means to sort out, and from what I have read online a lot of public who were making use of it miss them. My friend was able to add the color category field to his inbox header which does permit him so that he is able to sort by the color category. But, I also fail to spot seeing the entire message line (from, subject, received) display in the appropriate color.

Re: Changing the flag colors in Outlook 2010 which results in different colors before you open the email?

I need to say something regarding this one and according to me, the only thing you can't do is make new rules - you require to copy followed by editing the existing rules.
    • Upgrading to color categories should tend to change them to color categories with group names of 'purple category' and so on until you alter the names in the category editor. usually, Outlook presents to do this conversion when you make an upgradation. You need to click on the right click on the root folder and then select upgrade to color categories.
    • While i highly recommend upgrading flags to color categories, whether you do will depend on your preferences.
    • If you upgrade, you are able to make some changes to apply a category instead of the flag.
    • One benefit to categories over flags: if you mark a flag complete, you will tend to misplace the outlook 2003 flag color. If you use categories, you'll keep the color group on the item.

I am too interested in this issue and I too have lots of users here at our business offices that before used flags of dissimilar colors to track email in addition to as well to sort and then charge the tasks that desired to be finished every day. We are as well seeing that for some, old flags get converted to a large square under the group field but then latest emails being allocates to a category get the lesser rectangular box along with words. My users are not contented with having their recognized methods disturbed, and it is taking longer to get purchase in from some of the key players. why not have together colored flags as well as the categories like we had previously? In addition to this, I would alos like to inquire can this go in the Service Pack due out soon?

Hello guys, this issue is most concerned while performing work with outlook. So to begin with the discussion, the To-Do list does not show categorized items,and it only tends to show flagged items. So you need to arrange by category is only to show items which are flagged as well as categorized. If you require to observe them in the To-Do, then you require to make use of flags.

I for myself don't have a issue with #1 but color categories aren't as user friendly. And it has also been seen that they require split into categories as well as colors or we require a true "none" color . As it stands, you are not able to classify appointments and make use of a custom view to apply automatic fomatting. the category color for all time wins. None of this assists with your #2 though and the reason behind it is because categories are not the similar as flagging items to generate false tasks.

I need to ask you all guys for which rule in Outlook offers colored flags? And I need to say that the outlook has flags - in shades of red to point to how soon the item is due. I also need to say that the Outlook 2010 does not have the colored flags - red, green, orange, purple etc - that characteristic was merged with categories so that we are able to create color categories.
    In addition I will also say that if you move the pst to an system that has outlook 2003 or else open an exchange mailbox in numerous versions you might want to keep the colored flags.I would believe keeping them if i used outlook 2003 as well as outlook 2010 , I believe color categories break a number of of the functionality of categories as well as would much rather have color added independently.