Thread: How to enter contacts in a Contact Group in Microsoft Outlook 2010

How to enter contacts in a Contact Group in Microsoft Outlook 2010

Hello friends, recently have created a new e-mail ID with help of Contact Groups which are been available in Microsoft Outlook 2010. I would like to tell that I am presently there in Contact Group and after that I click on icon Add Member and selected the drop down arrow key and after that I have clicked on New Email Contact, when I do this then need to add information about it, when I am doing all this then I have to de-select add to contacts option and click on OK. When it is been done and saved, so need to use mouse again and start all over entering in Add Member info and also in drop down arrow key, and clicking and un-clicking, need to go through procedure again when once I have entered it. So there is there any simple method which need to enter names and email addresses without using the mouse, such that it is been possible to do it with CTRL key? Please help me, thank you.

Re: How to enter contacts in a Contact Group in Microsoft Outlook 2010

Outlook 2010 has changed the name of Distribution Lists to Contact list, so most of people are finding it is tough to get it. If name is been changed but DL is not been changed is same and it is been outdated, unreliable and it is really bad to group recipients and this is been only reason which is been founded out of lot reasons. If you are adding information about members into DL which you would not like to have it in Contacts Folder, I would like to tell that DL will be becoming more unreliable ahead. From past long time outlook is been focusing on Contacts Folders, so that it can make it as a location for storing and grouping recipients. I would like to tell that you must think about better ways to group recipients which are actually from Contacts Folders.

Quote Originally Posted by Panop View Post
    I would like to tell that Outlook 2010 has changed the name of Distribution Lists to Contact list, so most of people are finding it is tough to get it. If name is been changed but DL is not been changed is same and it is been outdated, unreliable and it is really bad to group recipients and this is been only reason which is been founded out of lot reasons. If you are adding information about members into DL which you would not like to have it in Contacts Folder, I would like to tell that DL will be becoming more unreliable ahead. From past long time outlook is been focusing on Contacts Folders, so that it can make it as a location for storing and grouping recipients. I would like to tell that you must think about better ways to group recipients which are actually from Contacts Folders.
    I am having problem with it, such that I have entered a new contacts address book and also stored only e-mail addresses which I would like to have it in group. I am having very much odd number of members in that group, when I was trying to send mail to those group members then it does get vanish as a magic, really not knowing what the problem is and what I should to work it out, so please help me with this.

Problem which you are been facing is totally different from original post and it is not at all related to that one. Where the users was trying to add members in DL not even adding them in Contacts. So which is totally different and also you have added each and every contact in Contacts and one more thing which I would like to tell that there is nothing address book in Outlook, to make you sure that you have added members to a Contacts Folder whether you knew it or not, so you better check it and then you try to send it. I have tried it and it is been working for me, so you can also try it. Even there are some methods which you will be getting when you search for it, but all of them are not at all worth to try it. So do not try it and you might be getting into some trouble.

I would suggest that you better follow meted to create group in outlook address book:
    • Enter from the menu heading tools, list or messages from within a message.
    • From the edit field name lookup, press Alt to open the File menu.
    • Subsequently declined to give the new group and send.
    • The program asks for the name for the group; write it, a tab will bring us a shot of 'a select button, where we will enter to go to another menu'.
    • The first field allows you to edit a name to search for the heading that we owned.
    • Pressing the button tabs is located, used to execute the search.
    • Pressing tab again, find the list of the various sections may be used in a combo box.
    • We choose the directory in question and go on.
    • Pressing tab again you will come 'to the list of all the components of the book possessed.
    • Here, hold down the control key you can select with the spacebar to insert all users in the group.
    • Users can scroll with the arrows and which one of them must be added to the group, press space.
    • Note that the first is selected automatically.
    • To deselect, press and hold space with the control.
    • After leaving the control of the selection and press Tab to move to a field defined as select.
    • Press enter and go to ok to confirm with the tab.
    • Press tab again to get ok again to close the section.