Thread: Unable to sync OneNote to SkyDrive and gives error 0xE000106C

Unable to sync OneNote to SkyDrive and gives error 0xE000106C

hi guys I am having some issues regarding the topic mentioned in the title and I have searched in many forums sites but there was no reply for my question so I have several OneNote notebooks on SkyDrive. I am unable to sync any of them with my Windows 7/Office2010 desktop. At the opening I became an error "no permission", and then based on study on the net I updated to office SP1. I as well have made an installation of Windows Live Essentials Beta of MS dogfood. The query is always the similar: I am not able to synchronize the oneNote on my desk. I as well cannot open in web client are you having some ideas regarding the same. I am able to view them by the use of the web, and also by means of iPhone along with WP7, but attempting to sync them with the desktop , I receive an error code in the title.so pleas eprovide some solutions which will work in your case.

Re: Unable to sync OneNote to SkyDrive and gives error 0xE000106C

I have found this one which I suppose will assist you. As a notebook section can speedily arrive at the 50MB single file size limit on SkyDrive if its pages contain any of the following:
    • If it has something like a large number of embedded file attachments.
    • In addition also a large number of embedded audio or else video clips.
    • If you have a large number of images.
    • And also a large amount of file printouts.
    • It can also occur if some large amount of page history where embedded files have been repeatedly modified in earlier versions of every page .

I have some more to tell your regarding this one as there are lot of such customers who are facing such similar issues and to add since the initial release of the OneNote Web App, the issue affected a number of clients very speedily since the way OneNote 2010 stored its section files on SkyDrive. Embedded content formerly counted towards the 50MB file size limit, which augmented the probability of running out of space faster than intended. It has been also seen that so far the only cases of users hitting this are customers who made use of private pre-released editions of OneNote or the service.

Actually you should first check up that you are doing the process well as if you are mistaken somewhere it is but obvious that you might not get to the proper solution. So I am providing to the beginners as well as intermediate users to look in this case and to solve the issue.
    1. On your system, you need to open OneNote 2010.
    2. Move to the Notebook you wish for to enable sync, and then you need to click on File and then Share
    3. You need to also choose your Notebook as well as then click on the Sign In button as well as enter your Live ID(aka MSN/Hotmail/XBox ID)
    4. After you have signed in, you need to click on the Share Notebook button in the lower right. It will tend to upload your notebook to your Skydrive.
    5. at present notebooks will be routinely synced between unlike OneNote clients if they are online.
    And see to it that you have gone according to this process as there are chances that you might come across some similar errors. Hope this helps.

I was also getting a similar error. So what I did was on LIve are showing up on my Windows 7 , but I am not able to open either of my 2 Live notebooks in OneNote 2010 and also on either of my two systems . So guys you can try with this one and it will definitely help you. So to recognize this issue, in the Navigation Bar, which will be located close to the left side of the OneNote 2010 program window, a yellow warning sign will come into view over your Web notebook icon.and this warning symbol represents that the notebook has synchronization errors.so see in this case if you have something like that and if you occurred with this one , you have come across with a error which you mentioned in the title.

I need to ask some questions in this case so that I am able to get into issue if you are still finding any issues . so to begin with are you opening these notebooks from the Web App? So are there any changes made as we approach towards it after clicking on Open in OneNote from the OneNote web application. So first of all you need to check in this thing and then as it was found that making attempts for creating another notebook from the PC client will solve your issue. And to create the same you need to move in the File>New and then on the SkyDrive. So give a response to this post and elaborate your issues. But I think that this will solve your issue.

Guys I have some more to tell you and to confirm the issue, you need to do the following:

1. you need to right-click on the notebook icon which is on the Navigation Bar, and then you need to click on the Notebook Sync Status.
    2. secondly, in the Shared Notebook Synchronization dialog box which will tend to come in view you need to click the Errors tab.

and it has came into view that they have made some changes in the way that embedded files,as well as printouts, images, in addition to other data within your OneNote section files are being tored on SkyDrive. And it has been observed that such content before counted towards the 50MB total file size boundary, but it has seen that now you are able to store such section data in a additionally optimized way to assist and keep the overall file size low.

The previous post says it correct as they have solved this issue and according to the guys there , they have found a fix which has been implemented on SkyDrive servers, so you are not able to have to update or make an install of anything to receive the update. You need to simply start OneNote 2010, and then log into SkyDrive (if essential), followed by re-syncing your Web notebook:
    1. the first step which I will provide you is that in OneNote 2010, you need to right-click your SkyDrive Web notebook on the Navigation Bar, and afterward click on the Notebook Sync Status.
    2. So moving further in the Shared Notebook Synchronization dialog box which will tend to open, you need to make sure that the Sync automatically whenever there are changes alternative is chosen.
    3. You need to then click on the Sync Now button.
    4. When the synchronization has been finished, then you can click Close.
    Hope this one helps you.

Yes, I tried with the previous replies but it did not help either. So if you formerly ran into the size limit along with weren’t certain what to do, or if you still have strangely large notebook segments with enormously large file attachments, you might still be greater than SkyDrive file size limits. And it has came into view that once a notebook segment in a Web notebook moves toward or else exceeds the 50MB SkyDrive file restriction, it will tend to stop synching . so this might also be the same issue which you are undergoing. But I need to say that when this occurs , you need to simply delete the content out of the affected section will not put off or else resolve the sync problem.

So as if you rae not getting it still , you will require to open OneNote 2010, and then create a new notebook on your computer’s hard drive.so further, this notebook will give out as a temporary backup of your SkyDrive notes.

• you need to start by clicking File > New.in addition, uUnder Store Notebook On, choose My Computer.
    • On the Navigation Bar in OneNote, you will require to click the icon of the SkyDrive notebook which is having the sync error.
    • You will observe the yellow caution symbol over the Web notebook icon and after that you require to locate which specific piece in this Web notebook is causing the error.
    • so , to do this, you need to right-click the notebook icon on the Navigation Bar along with subsequently clicking Notebook Sync Status.
    • After that , you need to move in the Shared Notebook Synchronization dialog box which will tend to open , and then click on the Errors tab.
    • Note the name of the segment which is causing the issue, and then click you need to click Close.
    • you will require to move the segment to the local backup notebook you just produced.
    • To do this, you require to right click the section tab matching the name and next click Move or Copy on the shortcut menu.
    • Once you have moved all of the difficulty segments from the Web notebook on SkyDrive to the backup notebook you produced on your systems hard drive, you need to check and after that empty the OneNote Recycle Bin for the original SkyDrive Web notebook.
    • subsequently, go back to the backup notebook on your system and for this you need to click its notebook icon on the Navigation Bar.
    • at the present it’s time to split the original segment into two, so that the large quantity of content is circulated between them.
    • You need to drag a number of the page tabs from the large, original section to the fresh, second section that you presently created. You need to confirm so that you are able to include some of the pages you observed for having a large quantity of content or else having huge embedded files.