Thread: How to reset default paste options in Microsoft word 2010

How to reset default paste options in Microsoft word 2010

so as I could not find any exact solution in my case , I am posting this thread in your section hoping that I will get a exact and definite solution. So guys I am making use of word 2010 and I make some hard attempts to set the default paste alternative to text only by making use of the "Set default paste options" on the ribbon. And it comes into my view that it has been removed and the buttons for the other paste options on the ribbon in addition to the popup, which I wish for to get back. But I have tried this but thee was no solution in my case. Please provide some solutions as I perform an data entry job and it is quite essential in our case to perform such things. In addition what I get after entering its section is it shows all 3 paste types. Are you guys having some same issues and if you have some definitive solution.

re: How to reset default paste options in Microsoft word 2010

I have some suggestions which will work in your case and you are able to add these commands in quick access tool bar.you need to make some settings which will help you in your case. So to add further, you need to move in the open a Word document and then to the File and then in Options you need to move in advanced and go in Quick Access Tool Bar. It has been seen that if you choose Command From and then click on Commands not in Ribbon and you will have something like this one as keep source formatting and so on… and you need to add the following commands and click on OK.
    1. Keep source formatting
    2. Merge formatting
    3. Keep text only.

I was also having same issue and it is really very irritating and any assist you look for give us the above answer which does not labor. I have found some way and I must suggest that the only way to paste no matter what I set the defaults to etc is "text only".in addition if I right click there is simply the "text only" icon as well no keyboard shortcuts tend to work. But later after making several attempts the only thing I didn’t attempted is un installing work along with re-installing it. But as I was looking around some solution on net, I found one more solution. As my friend suggested this one and this will definitely work your case. From control panel , you need to attempts to rest your computer to previous settings along with the issue will be solved too. All documents will remain unaffected.

The above solution worked on my friends Pc and I was really happy as it was solved in his case but later I tried with the same one but came into view that it was not solved either. I have attempted all of these suggestions, as well as uninstalling the entire Office 2010 furthermore re-installing. And it comes into view that the "fix" only appears to last a day or some days if I am lucky, then I lose the paste settings once more. So I made some different tries and found that it will tend to work if you go this way. So what I found was that it was a compatibility problem and it could be fixed easily . you need to go to control Panel and then to the Troubleshooting >> Computer Program >> and then choose Microsoft word . and after you come to an end all paste options are back to usual and you are able to effortlessly copy and paste as normal with all formatting included. So ultimately it was solved in my case and hope you can also try for the same.

I believe it should work since i was making some hard attempts to figure out why this issue occurred and i discovered that when i bought my most up-to-date laptop it came with some one month of free Microsoft office (trial period) and i obtained a copy of the office in addition made an installation of it.The issue started when the trial period ended, so if you have the similar situation, I would suggest that you require to eliminate the trial version and then have a reset of the system and it should definitely work. There are some guys who face this issues as told my me as they have the similar situations as stated previously. After i followed my initial idea the paste options were all working for some time and then i faced the similar issue once more and this when i discovered the second option and there were no change in settings at all but it looks as if it is working very well since the past. So you also need to give a try with this one and hope it will also help in your case.

I was also having same issues and It looks as if the latest update to the Skype Click to Call browser add-on is the main reason behind it. And as I was also having this add on, I was facing issues. So I need to tell you that If you have this add-on,you need to make some attempts for disabling it in your browser, or else uninstalling it from the Programs as well as Features control panel.in addition, I would also like to add that the Office along with Skype teams in Microsoft have been made aware of the issues . later I found something on net which stated that I have uninstalled the Skype click call,and then restarted my computer and all is back to usual. so confidently I can say that this solution will definitely work .

So I will also make some discussion as I find this issue to be not working for a couple of days. it is true that this issue never happened until I made an installation of the SKYPE. though, I don't consider I have "click to call" turned on. In addition I have some more doubts as is that the one that says "when I double-click on a contact start a call"? since it is not clicked. secondly I make use of the IE and when I restart my system and open word previous to my browser, the paste alternatives appear to be intact. But if I tend to close the Word, you need to open IE followed by opening the Word for a second time - the paste options are gone over again.in any case this gives me a workaround. Pretty depressing that I have to reboot so that I am able to do word processing and after that quit if I require to go on line. But I believe it is better rather than having to re-load the software. So guys can you explain me further as for what reason this issue occurs.

It has been said that removing Skype Click to Call has solved the issues with paste special / paste options in MS Office for a majority of users. But before I try this I was with some questions in my mind as what happens if you restart Windows, afterward only make use of Excel and/or else Word? In particular, don't start any browser yet. Does the issue occur subsequently or again? If not, does it tend to come back when you make some attempts to open a browser?

But all my doubts were solved as it was well confirmed that the actual cause was that the Skype Click to Call browser add-on and this is the most appropriate reason when i did the resetting of my computer it was working well. i installed this skype click to call some days previously just before this problem occurred ! and really it will tend to work.