Thread: How to quickly copy file between NAS storage via Wget

How to quickly copy file between NAS storage via Wget

I am facing a bit issue while transferring data between different NAS drive via Wget. First when I am connected I had kept a default password. Later on when my work was done I played with the userid and password and modified them. Not when I try to connect I am not able to log in. Anyhow I am ready to do all the process from start, but before that need some advice in better way of doing this.

Re: How to quickly copy file between NAS storage via Wget

I can share some of the practice that I am doing here. I have a option by which you can share or copy a file easily from one NAS to other. I did this as my current drive failed and to get a replacement I need to wait for some days. So to continue my work I had used a tool called FreeFileSync. This tool was super slow. To get a faster option I tried wget. It was by default installed on mbl. You will need to enable ssh in mbl to start the process. Log in mbl with putty and then use cd /shares command toaccess the root files. Then the command used to copy files is wget -mirror -np -x --no-host-directories -o "directory/logfilename" ftp://admin:#######:$$$$$$$$@ip-address/Public. Here in admin:####### (type the admin id) and then in $$$$$$ type the password.

You are facing a lost password issue. So I think there are ways you can restore that. From your question I am not able actually figure out what do you want to know.

I had faced a similar issue where I was not able to transfer my files from My Book Live. I tried multiple copy paste which failed a number of time. There is a vast amount of data needed to be transfer, and the transfer speed is very low. I checked and found that the drive was defected. I had run a multiple test to find what is the actual issue with the drive. There were bad sector. Luckily I had kept a backup of the same which helped me out to restore my data quickly. So you must first check why the failure occur. If it is just a password issue then there is nothing much to worry on.

If you want to use wget and looking for detailed help then I can give you a manual for that. You can find more information relate to usage and configuration in wget manual.

You might face certain common errors in NAS file copying while using wget. The reason is mismatched password. It is recommended that you do the same via root account and if you modified the same then use exact credentials.