Thread: AVI could not be imported in Windows Movie Maker

sad AVI could not be imported in Windows Movie Maker

I recieve the following message upon importing my AVI file into windows movie maker:

" AVI could not be imported. The selected file is not valid or is corrupted "

Ive taken video with a camera, with the intention of uploading it to Youtube, but first I wanted to edit it in Windows Movie Maker without success since I keep getting that message.

Ive tried literally hours, googling, managed to find something that said to download 'ffdshow' (not much help).

Ive worked out the codec is MJPG.

How are all those millions of movie camera users editing their movies effortlessly uploading to Youtube? Perhaps someone can give some insight into what they are doing and I can emulate them ?

I can only access internet at a cafe, I notice they have VLC Media player, which plays my video just fine. They have Windows media player which cant play my video. Im not able to go into the control panel to delete the codecs and reintsall.

Obviously its not corrupted enough cause VLC Media player plays it just fine, only problem is there is no editing function with VLC Media player.

This is real urgent folks, would appreciate any help.

Any ideas ?
    Thanks
    rcurti21@gmail.com
    Last edited by rcurti21; 24-03-2012 at 02:09 PM. Reason: title

Re: AVI could not be imported in Windows Movie Maker

If you want then you can try out using Cucusoft Youtube Mate, it is a free software for downloading videos any playback, it will just help you out in managing, downloading, playing and converting YouTube videos. just check it out and see if it is helping.