Thread: taking more time after telling Killdisk to do a single pass of zeros .

taking more time after telling Killdisk to do a single pass of zeros .

I was with the windows OS and as I felt that the setup was slow made a clean install of it again and I have come to notice that the machine would take an age to boot and similar in the case of opening Internet Explorer 8 and other programs . I had made an installation of the 64 bit version but found that a number of apps were not able to run on this , and as a result decided to start again. I have made an download and I am currently running Killdisk, telling it to do a single pass of zeros, and it is denoting me that it has reached 8% after some couple of hours, and has a additional some 45 + hours to run. I have the drive is a 400Gb Samsung, which I consider to be well and fine , as I have by no means had any issues with it. Can you suggest me some means to solve it.

Re: taking more time after telling Killdisk to do a single pass of zeros .

As you have mentioned that you have 400Gb Samsung of hard drive and I assume that it will take 10 -14 hours and I should say that if you have run any diagnostics on the drive there may be some issues .

I had the similar issue but I had with me a Hitachi 1 TB internal hard drive. And according to me, I suppose the issue is the MS-DOS edition of the software and it is not able to handle drives this large competently.

following a couple of days along it still denotes about 30% done and I made an installation of the Windows on an additional, smaller drive I had wiped by means of KillDisk dos edition. followed by I made an installation of the Windows edition of KillDisk and had a try with running it on the 1 TB drive. And it came to me that the time to wipe was a slight over 3 hours.

As you have mentioned that you have 400Gb Samsung of hard drive and I assume that it will take 10 -14 hours and I should say that if you have run any diagnostics on the drive there may be some issues .
    In my case , as you aid that thee will eb issues if you try with diagnostics before starting the process and I dint did all that but I'm starting to desire I had. I'm unwilling to stop it at present so as to do diagnostic. Are you guys able to advise where/what diagnostics to run on my Samsung hard drive? can you add some more points to this topic.

I also have same issues and as well, for a low-level format I'm guessing (hoping) it's not somewhat to do with my BIOS or motherboard settings, which might give details the reason it was slow as well as clunky in the initial place. I'm not conscious of having changed no matter which but certainly, I am not able to check them for another some more hours. Are you able to solve this one.