Thread: Microsoft Office 2010 Sent Items TechNet fix delegatesentitemsstyle does not work in Cached Mode

sad Microsoft Office 2010 Sent Items TechNet fix delegatesentitemsstyle does not work in Cached Mode

Dear Forum Members,

I have an issue and I would love some feedback and ideas from the community.

Problem: When using additional exchange mailboxes in Outlook. Sending from additional mailbox places the corresponding email in the Sent Items container of the Default Account - Not the Sent Items container of the account being sent from.

Environment: Exchange 2010 SP1.
    Client: Microsoft Office 2010.

What I have tried so far:
    1) - Client machines are running Windows 7 SP1
    - Implemented fix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2584053 and Set registry to Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Preferences DWORD: delegatesentitemsstyle Value: 1.
    ***Although the above works when Outlook is in Online Mode, It will fail in Cached Mode. When using Cached Mode - Emails will stack in the Outbox or the profile will crash entirely.

2) I have tried configuring multiple exchange accounts as opposed to using additional mailboxes. Although this works in Exchange 2010 SP1, again the problem is only resolved in Online mode. When switching to cached mode, one of two things may happen - Emails will stack in the Outbox OR Emails cannot be sent at all with the error: 0x8004010F. Send/Receive. (This pertains to a problem with the datafile.)

The symptoms above will occur again and again, even after creating new profiles, datafiles etc..

I am wondering if anyone can help with this issue? I would love a solution that will work in both Online and Cached mode. Please fix this problem Microsoft!

Look forward to hearing from the wisdom of this community.

Kind Regards,

DamoTech.

Re: Microsoft Office 2010 Sent Items TechNet fix delegatesentitemsstyle does not work in Cached Mode

Can you try to add the account with the new Outlook 2010 feature - Add Account. To do so:. Click on File – Under Account information click Add Account – In the Auto Account Setup window enter the name, e-mail address and password for the second account, then click next. If it won’t work from outlook you can also perform this from control panel.

Re: Microsoft Office 2010 Sent Items TechNet fix delegatesentitemsstyle does not work in Cached Mode

Hi EINSTEIN_007,

Thank you for your response. To answer your question, yes I have tried adding the additional exchange accounts in this manner. The problem seems to happen both when using, 'Additional Mailboxes' and 'Additional Accounts'. It's quite an annoying issue really!!

BUMP ME. Please help. Is it possible there is no solution to this problem?