Thread: iTunes 10.5.2 freezes instantly after execution

iTunes 10.5.2 freezes instantly after execution

I have recently installed the new 10.5.2 version of iTunes and problem is that whenever I launch the iTunes then this locks up immediately. I waited for it for ours but there was no progress. Finally I have to end this from the task manager. This happens all the times whenever I try to start this. I have tried with almost all the things that I know about this but none of them were helpful to me. If you are having any helpful information about this then please let me know that.

Re: iTunes 10.5.2 freezes instantly after execution

There is one work around for this problem that you can try for this problem and see if this can get your problem resolved or not. For this, just go to the Task manager and from there see for the program APSDaemon.exe (Apple Push). If this program is listed in the running program then you can directly terminate (End) that program and then start with the iTunes. This time you will not this problem. I have tried this myself and this is working for me. I am sure that it will work for you as well. If this failed to work then please post back and we will try to find some other solution for this.

If you are having windows 7 installed in your computer and you are getting this problem then there is one solution. Just go to the directory “c:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\” and from there, rename the "APSDaemon.exe" file to "APSDaemon1.exe". But make sure that you have deleted the apsdaemon from Autorun. You can do this with the help of the CCleaner or directly in Registry and for killing the apsdemon, you can go to the task manager.

Just check that what the programs are running in your computer. If you find some unknown programs running then end that. If this solves the problem that that particular program is the culprit for this.

APSDaemon.exe is the only reason for this problem. APSDaemon.exe is also known as Apple Push. This is the service which is used to sync your device automatically. It is possible for you to stop this from running at startup but if you do so then you will not be able to wirelessly sync your device. I hope that Apple is working on this problem and will make a fix for this soon.

Do you have some antivirus running on your computer? I am asking this as there is possibilities that that program is interrupting the processing of the iTunes. Just disable the antivirus and see if this is helpful to you.