Thread: Forced to reinstall Flash Player 10.3 every time I watch a video

Forced to reinstall Flash Player 10.3 every time I watch a video

Why is it so that I have to always reinstall the flash player every time I need to watch a video on you tube. I am using a vista 32 bit system with internet Explorer 9 installed in it.

Now the issue starts whenever open Internet Explorer and when I open up a video I am displayed with a message saying that I need to update the player but what exactly I always do is just reinstall the flash player version 10.3.181.5. And once I reinstall the player I can easily watch those unwatchable videos. The funniest thing is that every time I want to watch a video I follow the same process of reinstallation. Is there anyone who has the fix for this issue?

Re: Forced to reinstall Flash Player 10.3 every time I watch a video

The first and the foremost thing I need to tell you is that the Flash Player 10.3 is a beta version. and another thing is that if you are using an Internet Explorer 9 you must be aware about the ActiveX filters. Most probably this activeX Filtering adjustment should however sort out your issue.

If you are not aware let me tell you that ActiveX is nothing but just a technology which is included in most of the well known website in order to emphasis your browsing experience. Most probably it could be used for the following things:
    • Playing Videos
    • Displaying Animations
    • Viewing Files

If you are completely unaware of ActiveX then you need not have to worry. You can simply get the sufficient guidance about using the ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer 9 for HERE.
    And if ActiveX filtering doesn’t solve your issue then there is something to do with the antivirus and the spyware software installed in your system.
    Also if possible make sure that in your browser Add-ons the shockwave Flash Object installed and also it is enabled.

The first and the foremost thing I need to tell you is that the Flash Player 10.3 is a beta version.
    Can anyone surely confirm the thing that I am having a beta version of Flash player, or it is just a guess made by you? And if I am having a beta version then do I need to change it to the full version. I don’t thing beta version creates any such kind of issue.

Anyways I also tried the ActiveX Filtering; it is always off so therefore I do not feel it could the core reason for anything. And regarding the antivirus I am having, let me tell you that it is Avira and also I do not have any malware issue.

Also the most interesting thing is that whenever I try to check out the current loaded add-ons I do not see Shockwave Flash object and when I change the current loaded add-ons to all add-ons, it is there and also always enabled.

Yeah even I do believe that you are having a beta version of Flash Player. Also by reading your post I can easily make out that you don’t even have any idea that you are using a beta version. Anyways if the issue is surely with the beta version you can certainly revert to the official version of the same software i.e. 10.2.159.1. And for the official version installation you need to follow these steps:
    • Download the uninstaller in order to uninstall the beta version
    • Close all browser instances
    • Run the downloaded uninstaller
    • Restart the system
    • Download and install the official release version from adobe official site

If that do not help you just do another favor if possible. Visit C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash and from there let me know the file that are listed over there.

Sorry to say this, but even installing the official version didn’t help me out at all. Please suggest me with something else. Also I was suggested to enable the shockwave flash object.

Anyways I would let you know the file that I have found from the path which you have mentioned above. Below are the only files placed over there:
    Flash10p.ocx
    FlashInstall
    FlashUtil10p_ActiveX.dll
    FlashUtil10p_ActiveXinstall

Hey as according to my analyze I could see that the files which you have listed are perfectly alright and correct for the version you are trying to install. Also the shockwave Flash Objects as said by is enabled everywhere. Are you sure you installed the official version of 10.2.159.1?

Now the only possible solution or you may say trick left with me is:
    • Close the entire browser Windows
    • Check to see that the Shockwave Flash Objects is enabled
    • Reboot the system
    • Now get back to make sure that the Shockwave Flash Object is still enabled
    • If enabled, open YouTube and click on a video
    • If you see the message to update the flash player, just minimize the window
    • And again check whether the shockwave is still enabled or not
    • I guess it should now been disabled.

I could somehow help you out because even I was having the same issue and guess what I somehow managed get through this issue. I simply just switched on the windows 7 64 bit OS and also switched the browser to Firefox instead of having an Internet Explorer.

Initially even I tried all the possible solution with regards to the flash player and shockwave:

• Tried all flash player version from 9 to 11
    • Also checked out every time that the shockwave flash object is enabled each time I access a video
    • But nothing worked and ultimately I switched the OS and browser and everything worked fine. Even you try it out, I am sure that would help you definitely.