Thread: Flash streaming not working properly on Mozilla Firefox enable with Adobe Flash Player 11

Flash streaming not working properly on Mozilla Firefox enable with Adobe Flash Player 11

I am trying to play Real Time Media Player streaming from Adobe Flash Media Server. It does not work properly when I enable SWF-Verification with Referrer Check. Without it, there will be no way to view videos from Video on Demand sites. I haven’t accepted the Adobe Flash Player from some third party website. I had downloaded it from official Adobe website. Why am I getting this error, can someone help me with it?

Re: Flash streaming not working properly on Mozilla Firefox enable with Adobe Flash Player 11

This is caused due to bug 3117684 as announced by Adobe. The state of this bug is open and it is still unverified. Many people using Flash Player 11 are facing this same problem due to this bug. This bug is not affecting anything else that requires Adobe Flash player except video streaming. Adobe is saying that not enough people had reported this bug to get them to give high priority. They will definitely eliminate the bug in the next version but for now they won’t be releasing patch or repair for problem in current version.

Re: Flash streaming not working properly on Mozilla Firefox enable with Adobe Flash Player 11

I have found a temporary fix for this issue. It may not work for every video streaming website, but will work for most of the major ones. This will work only on the systems where secured applications are clones of video streaming sites with restrictions in allowedHTMLdomains.txt. This file will found at \rootinstall\samples\applications\vod\main.asc.
    Find the line domainEndPos = url.indexOf("/", domainStartPos);
    add this block after that line:
    // This patches the Firefox Bug
    if (domainEndPos == -1)
    {
    domainEndPos = url.length;
    }
    Copy the edited main.asc file at the original location and replace the old one. Restart your system and the Video Streaming will work normally.

This script is extracting domain from the URL in the pageUrl filed of the rtmp request. The process is completed by finding data between : // and the next /, excluding the port number. Before editing this script, the faulty script was not sending a trailing / to match the truncated URL. This edited patch requests to include everything after : // and does not send trailing /, minus the port number.

The URL for the page where video is present is sent to FMS in RTMP request. In the faulty version, this is not done. The URL is cut down to include only domain. I tried figuring out which different clients work with authentication and where the authentication fails. During this research I found that the bug shows authentication failed for a connection to an allowed domain. The error message that I used to get was, Authentication failed for pageurl: //ALLOWEDHTMLDOMAIN rejecting connection from MYTESTIP. I am assuming that development debugging tools are interfering with RTMP request. I hope someone works on this.

This is a major bug whose problems are experienced by many customers of Firefox. In main.asc file, adding the following lines will reproduce the bug for testing,
    var client=this;
    trace(client.pageUrl);
    Then, when connecting from the SWF to the FMS, the value in IE is something like://localhost/dev/video.html
    Now, the same page executed from Firefox gives this://localhost
    This will first connect the FMS to ActionScript code.